Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ep45-extreme + Q9550 : which RAM ?

Default ep45-extreme + Q9550 : which RAM ?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but after reading so many posts to and from you about my new Gigabyte motherboard, I am certain that you are the best resource available online to answer some basic questions about RAM choice and settings.

I have the GA-EP45-extreme motherboard and Q9550 (x8.5) , and I have to order 4 GB of RAM. ( no WC for the moment , but later)
    Other compoents are P182 + Enermax 525W* Modu 82+ + 8800gt.
    Will use for music + video + compression.

Are you able to provide the choice and settings that I will need to have DDR2 to function at optimal settings with P45-extreme + q9550 ?

I would be most appreciative if you are able to help out.

Thanks,

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ep45-extreme + Q9550 : which RAM ?

Yeap, we sure can help you with ALL Settings for sure!!

As for your ram choice, that is alot to due with what you like and where you live/what may be available to you, and of course how much you want to

Where do you live, and how much do you want to spend? If you do not live in the US, please link me to your favorite store or two and I will have a look around with your $$ amount in mind and see what your better choices might be

Thanks for your quick answer.
    I live in Paris., france-. I want to spend max 200 Euros.
    link : Acheter votre mémoire vive au meilleur prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    Thansks

Almedia

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Any of these should work great, all I think under 100€ for 4GB

If you want to let me know which of these brands you like more and maybe what speed you would prefer I can narrow it down a bit for you. Of course there is alot of other cheaper models or different choices, but I just picked some of the better ones from each respectable brand listed there

And since you did not say, these are also 2x2GB. If you wanted 4x1GB let me know and I will look again

Crucial

800Mhz
    Crucial PC6400 Ballistix 4Go DDR2 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Black Tracer's W/ LED's
    Crucial PC6400 Ballistix Tracer 4Go DDR2 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Red Tracer W/ LED's
    Crucial PC6400 Ballistix Tracer Red 4Go DDR2 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Corsair

800Mhz
    Corsair PC6400 4Go XMS2 Twinx DHX CL4 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

1066Mhz
    Corsair PC8500 4Go Dominator CL5 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    Corsair PC8500 4Go Dominator CL5 (2x2Go) + Ventilateur : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

G.Skill

800Mhz
    G.Skill PC6400 4Go DDR2 HK (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    G.Skill PC6400 4Go DDR2 PI Black CL4 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    G.Skill PC6400 4Go DDR2 PI CL4 (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

1000Mhz
    G.Skill PC8000 4Go DDR2 PI (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

1066Mhz
    G.Skill PC8500 4Go DDR2 PI (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Mushkin XP

800Mhz
    Mushkin PC6400 DDR2 XP 4Go (996580 - 2 x 2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

^^ I use these and they are nice ^^

OCZ

800Mhz
    OCZ PC6400 4Go DDR2 ReaperX HPC Dual (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    OCZ PC6400 4Go DDR2 Reaper HPC Dual (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

1066Mhz
    OCZ PC8500 4Go DDR2 Reaper HPC Dual (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Patriot Viper

800Mhz
    Patriot PC6400 Viper CL3 4Go (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Team Group

800Mhz
    TeamGroup Elite PC6400 4Go (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com
    TeamGroup Xtreem Dark PC6400 4Go (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

1066Mhz
    TeamGroup Xtreem Dark PC8500 4Go (2x2Go) : Mémoire vive : Comparer les prix - Rue-Montgallet.com

Thread Information