Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS4 Help!

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS4 Help!

Well it turns out even with the new Q6600 i'm still getting the same problem.

I've unplugged everything from the PSU apart from the motherboard 8pin and 24pin and the graphics card 6 pin and 8pin.

I've tested it with all the memory sticks in all the slots.

Now i'm about to test it in my other motherboard now.

This is becoming really quite annoying.

EDIT:

Well i tested the memory graphics card and cpu in my old board and that wont even boot.

I have no idea what to do now.
    Last edited by Saltz187; 01-07-2009 at 07:58 PM.

I'm loading the computer with the quick power on button, should that matter?

I've included a video of the problem to try and help.

The wushing noise at the beginning is the graphics card fan spinning up then slowing down.

Video005.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Last edited by Saltz187; 01-07-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Try it out of the case, off the tray on a wooden table or cardboard box, this is to eliminate Shorting as a issue. Then try with ONLY CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram and your GFX Card ONLY. No hard drives, no CD Drives nothing else. If it works then start plugging things in one at a time until it fails then you know the cause.

Can you test your CPU only in the other board (New and old CPU) with a different GXF Card to rule out the GFX card. Do the same with other ram if you have it

*EDIT* I see you have it on a box, is there NO Ram installed? Looks like it, you have to have ram in there.

Get it off that anti-static bag please. Those are designed to remove static from the inside to the outside of the bag so the contents do not get shocked. The outside will be charged and can hold and store static. So by design ONLY the inside is anti-static

*EDIT2*

I see your ram, ok!

Have you now tried again to clear the CMOS Fully using the method I posted in the BIOS Qflash guide?

Well, since your CPU is not working in two boards I think you have a issue with either another dead CPU (It happens, not long ago a week or so I seen it here) or you have some other part that is bad that is stopping the process (GFX or Ram maybe) Maybe even PSU, do you have another to test with?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-08-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Try it out of the case, off the tray on a wooden table or cardboard box, this is to eliminate Shorting as a issue. Then try with ONLY CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram and your GFX Card ONLY. No hard drives, no CD Drives nothing else. If it works then start plugging things in one at a time until it fails then you know the cause.

Can you test your CPU only in the other board (New and old CPU) with a different GXF Card to rule out the GFX card. Do the same with other ram if you have it

*EDIT* I see you have it on a box, is there NO Ram installed? Looks like it, you have to have ram in there.

Get it off that anti-static bag please. Those are designed to remove static from the inside to the outside of the bag so the contents do not get shocked. The outside will be charged and can hold and store static. So by design ONLY the inside is anti-static

*EDIT2*

I see your ram, ok!

Have you now tried again to clear the CMOS Fully using the method I posted in the BIOS Qflash guide?

Well, since your CPU is not working in two boards I think you have a issue with either another dead CPU (It happens, not long ago a week or so I seen it here) or you have some other part that is bad that is stopping the process (GFX or Ram maybe) Maybe even PSU, do you have another to test with?
    Thanks for the reply.

The bag was inside out, but I've also tested it on my work bench, desk and on a hard back book.

The only things in the motherboard are 1 stick of ram, graphics card and cpu.

I tested my PSU and graphics card last night at a friends house and there both working fine.

I cleared the cmos about 5 more times since my last post i made using the same technique in the qflash guide (jumper pins, battery out for 20mins and hold clear cmos quick button for 1 min).

Sadly i'm still getting the problem.

I've now RMA'd it back to the place where i purchased it from, i'm actually hoping it turns out the motherboard is ok, because it looks like a really nice board, but if it turns out faulty, i've managed to get them to replace it with a GA-EP45-UD3P. 6 more expensive, but they dont stock the DS4 anymore.

Ahh, well sounds like you have fully tested, RMA would have been what I decided to.

Good luck on a quick RMA, let us know how it goes

It turns out that the motherboard isn't compatible with Ballistix memory.

The company i got the board from tested it with 4x1gb Corsair and it worked fine, but then put in 4x1gb ballistix and it did the same as my video.

IT IS COMPATIBLE FOR SURE!

I have 8GB here they sent me for testing and review, you can see the model #'s here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/cruc...p35-p45-28228/

4x1 and 2x2, all works fine for sure and will do 1200+ on this board, and for sure are very stable and work great

Sounds like maybe you have one or more faulty crucial sticks perhaps, did that company ever test the sticks themselves one by one???

But as you can see in just some of my testing images they are compatible for sure >>>

1200Mhz (2x1GB) 2.00B

1000Mhz (2x2) 2.00B tRD9

1000Mhz (4x1) 2.00B tRD8

900Mhz (4x1) 2.00B 444-12 tRD8 24 hours Orthos

Or are yours the 2.2V versions? I have not tested those at all.

Either way you can RMA them for new and then you would for sure get the ones I am reviewing and you could use them or sell them as they do carry a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    IT IS COMPATIBLE FOR SURE!

I have 8GB here they sent me for testing and review, you can see the model #'s here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/cruc...p35-p45-28228/

4x1 and 2x2, all works fine for sure and will do 1200+ on this board, and for sure are very stable and work great

Sounds like maybe you have one or more faulty crucial sticks perhaps, did that company ever test the sticks themselves one by one???

But as you can see in just some of my testing images they are compatible for sure >>>

1200Mhz (2x1GB) 2.00B
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9928/snap1200xq1.png

1000Mhz (2x2) 2.00B tRD9

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5...2x21000mo6.png

1000Mhz (4x1) 2.00B tRD8

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8...4x11000tq0.png

900Mhz (4x1) 2.00B 444-12 tRD8 24 hours Orthos

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4...r4x1900xw7.png

Or are yours the 2.2V versions? I have not tested those at all.

Either way you can RMA them for new and then you would for sure get the ones I am reviewing and you could use them or sell them as they do carry a lifetime warranty.
    Hi, well i didnt know there were 2 different volt versions.

Mine are these ones:

http://images.crucial.com/pdf/datash...40-pinDIMM.pdf

My serial numbers for all 4 sticks are:

BL12864AA 1065. 16FD5

I'm not entirely sure what version of the ballistix he used, i'll ask him on the forum.

Do you think i'll be able to RMA my memory to Crucial even though i didn't buy it from there site?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Saltz187; 01-14-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information