Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ep45-ud3p few questions

Default Re: ep45-ud3p few questions

strange thing so i tried to lower the CPU Vcore ..as i understood that lower CPU Vcore = lower temp... but as i was getting it down ...my computer failed to boot... the strange thing is that after the system recover ..and i went to the bios to raise a bit the Vcore ... i notice that the BIOS version as returned to the defualt one... i flashed the BIOS before starting all that O.C stuff... and it was saying F5 ver... but now it say's F4 ... could some one explain why is that ?
    ==================
    GA-EP45-UD3P & Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    EL Platinum XTC Dual Channel
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870 toxic 512MB
    Creative X-Fi Titanium 7.1 PCI-E‎
    win7 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No, at only 950Mhz ram speed you do not need such loose timings. 555-15/18 would work just fine, no need for 6-10-10-20 at all

Auto is not the best by far, so is it ok? Ya, maybe, but not suggested. Since you are overclocking I do have to say you MUST Set your own Vtt (Termination) and PLL Voltage though, Auto will kill your CPU with those

Those temps are ok. Max I would run is 75 or so, but keep in mind your CPU is NEVER that hot when you use it normally just under testing

Sounds like you crashed your BIOS and it has recovered. Just flash F5 back in >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

thanks man... so i try now to stable the system on 3.8 on manual ...for the major settings ... now i done those values ... but my system crash while running prime95..after 10min +/- .. any advice what to raise...

CPU PLL........................ 1.5v
    CPU Termination........... 1.22v
    CPU Reference............. 0.76v
    CPU Vcore................... 1.275v (i try stepping up till 1.275V.. all crash on prime95..so i keep raising it assuming it might be the main value causing the system to crash..not yet test 1.275V specific)

DRAM Voltage.............. 2.1v
    DRAM termination.......... 0.75v
    Channel A Reference....... 0.75V
    Channel B Reference....... 0.75v

MCH Core.................. 1.22v
    MCH/DRAM Reference........ 0.75v
    MCH Reference............. 0.8v
    ICH I/O................... 1.57v
    ICH CORE.................. 1.2v
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

tested the CPU Vcore - 1.275v with previous reply settings... system seems stable for 5 hours of prime95.. then sudden crash.. so I'm wondering if the Vcore is really the problem here ?
    what software monitor the Vcore and making a log of it... I'm afraid i might be suffering of Vdrop maybe?

and one more thing.. i changed the CPU smart fan control from Auto to Enable..so it wont run all the time in full speed and make terribly noise at night when on idle ... now when i'm testing with prime after changed CPU smart fan control from auto to enable ... the core temps are lower in about 8c degrees ...it's kinda occurred.. (i also moved one of the case fan from the side to the up of the case...but i doubt that's what makes the temps lower in such a significant way .
    Last edited by nafroman; 01-12-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

prime95 running with Vcore at 1.28125V ... 6 hours now...and it's seems stable... but i still wondering about the temp drop of 8c degrees... the hottest as i seen in those 6 hours of prime95... using real temp 2.9 was 62c... and most of the time it 59-60...on all four cores... strange... in all my previous tests with lower Vcore values ..the temps were around 65-68... thats somewhat of a diffrence .. don't you think ?
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

bloody hell ...crash after 10 hours of prime... more like freeze then crash..but still... what to do man(Lsdmeasap)... s.o.s

those are the current setting :
    CPU PLL........................ 1.5v
    CPU Termination........... 1.22v
    CPU Reference............. 0.76v
    CPU Vcore................... 1.28125V

DRAM Voltage.............. 2.1v
    DRAM termination.......... 0.75v
    Channel A Reference....... 0.75V
    Channel B Reference....... 0.75v

MCH Core.................. 1.22v
    MCH/DRAM Reference........ 0.75v
    MCH Reference............. 0.8v
    ICH I/O................... 1.57v
    ICH CORE.................. 1.2v
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

what software monitor the Vcore and making a log of it... I'm afraid i might be suffering of Vdrop maybe?
    OCCT. Yes you are, all boards have vdrop and Vdroop. You will see it instantly in CPU-z. Vdrop will be minus what you set in the BIOS at idle, and Vdroop is the difference between idle and load

Fans speed and placement can for sure have a good effect like that on temps! Nothing to worry about as temps got better anyway

Hmm, well first off I would try all the same exact settings except all your Ref voltages in Auto as they may be the issue manually set like that and not doing them one at a time.

Then if that fails the same, go back to how you had it and add some Vtt and PLL

so i found out that OCCT give you a graph in th end of test(last night).. so i ran it for 13 hours ... and it didn't crash or freeze my system.. before running the 13 hours... i ran it for 45 minutes just to see the graph ..and yes there was a Vdroop... so i enable in the bios the Load-Line Calibration (LLC)... as i saw in some other thread here with my board..that it help with that issue ...and yes that seems to do the trick ( i think).. no Vdroop in that 13 hours test .. but the temps are a bit higher right now... 66c degrees was the hottest that real temp sense . (picture)

one other thing .. i ran intel burn test (7 times loop) .... it finished saying that my system is stable but the temps there were extremely high ... above 70C degrees and the highest that it get was 76 in 2 cores... so i guess that was normal...after all it's a burn test... or am i wrong here ?

now running prime95 to see that all his good after passed above tests.
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

oh the frustration ... 7 long hours of prime95 ended with a system freeze
    i just don't know what could be the problem... the other test ended with success .. feel like getting .
    could use a little advice here.. what could causing only prime95 to freeze (not crash) the system...
    ==================
    4GB DDR2 OCZ
    620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
    win7 x64

LLC is not safe on 45NM cpu's

Ya, Intel Burn Test for sure gets VERY HOT! That is a normal temp for that depending on your cooler

What MCH Ref % of Vtt are you using? You may need to use less % and you may actually also need to raise Vtt as well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information