Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows XP hangs during setup

Default Re: Windows XP hangs during setup

Just FYI I had the same issue getting windows vista installed. Not sure if this issue exists with XP but apparently there are issues with vista and dual core machines that have 2GB or more of RAM. I installed using 1 stick of RAM then downloaded the RAM patch from Microsoft. Not sure if this issue pertains to you but it might be something to look into.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

2GB issue has long been fixed for Vista install, that was only during Beta of Vista

"So are you installing from a IDE CD Drive then? If so, are you sure it's jumper or position on the cable is correct? Have you tried with ONLY that CD drive on the cable to install? ... Did you remove the jumper off the back of your SATA drives?"

I follow this with interest as I have a similar problem.

Why is it relevant to look at the jumpers? I am installing from an IDE CD and have another IDE disk on the same channel. My install is going onto a SATA disk. That is why your previous answer interests me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information