Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3R with 4G of Patriot PC2-8500

Default GA-EP45-UD3R with 4G of Patriot PC2-8500

Hey all,

New Gigabyte user here. After seeing the EP-45-UD3R getting high marks at a very reasonable price, I took the plunge. Overall I'm very happy with the MoBo, it had everything I needed and was laid out nicely.

I do have one small issue though, though it could be just user error/misunderstanding. I believe that I have my memory timings and voltages set correctly in my Bios, as it will show it running at 1066 (its 2x2G PC2-8500). Yet when I use the easy-tune software, the memory tab reflects it as PC-6500, then the other issue is that the POST screen goes by far too fast to get a reading from it.

Currently the build is very stable, but I'd hate not to enjoy it at it's full potential, anyone have any ideas on what may be causing the oddity in easy-tune or just how to get a proper reading on what speed my memory is actually running?

Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3R with 4G of Patriot PC2-8500

Please post me a image of CPU-z Memory Tab, that will show your ram speed (NOT SPD Tab). If it matches EasyTune then you are running your ram at 800Mhz not 1066 >>>
    CPUID

You would have to downclock your CPU to 1Ghz or less to see the post screen, that is a good thing. You could always disable Full Screen Logo in the Advanced BIOS page, that should show you some more info.

I would assume though that EasyTune is correct and you just did not set your memory multiplier correctly

Since you did not post your specs, I will assume at least that you are running a stock 1333 FSB CPU which would mean your FSB is 333. So you need to set your ram multi to 3.20B for 1066Mhz ram speed. If you are not running that speed or type of CPU then let me know and I will help you further

flyfisher is offline Member

Download CPU-Z, unzip and run the program. Click on the memory tab and the speed will be shown.

Edit: Lsdmeasap beat me to it while I was typing.
    Last edited by flyfisher; 01-05-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Since you did not post your specs, I will assume at least that you are running a stock 1333 FSB CPU which would mean your FSB is 333. So you need to set your ram multi to 3.20B for 1066Mhz ram speed. If you are not running that speed or type of CPU then let me know and I will help you further
    I think you have me on the right track here. Yes, it is an e8500 chip, so 1333 FSB...that said, I don't believe I have my RAM multiplier at 3.2. I'll have to double check when I get back to the house.

I'll down load the CPU-Z program as well to make sure it's right, if not...I may be back with more questions.

Thanks to both of you.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya that is a 1333 CPU, so if you are at stock 333 FSB then yeap all you need to do is set your ram multi to 3.20B to run 1066 ram speed

Thread Information