Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DQ6 RAID and BOOT issues

Default Re: GA-EP45-DQ6 RAID and BOOT issues

Yes, I did make the array, and did a clean install on the formatted NFTS drive. It's running and booting fine in RAID.

No chip or OS update to the system yet, via the internet or elsewhere.

When I try to install the .inf drivers from the DQ6 motherboard disk, it tells me that one needs to have "SP1/2 installed first." So, my Home version must be SP1, and I need to update to SP2, which I will do in a couple of hours (busy now with other stuff..)

Then, I'll update drivers, try again to re-install the Intel Matrix program and get the entire thing going.

Again, I believe I do have the RAID setup correct, and maybe my previous numerous attempts to load the XPPro and have it work in RAID has been a function of me not updating drivers and SP2 of the XP Home OS prior to loading the Pro version. However, on previous attempts (probably 6-8 complete attempts by now) at no time have I ever gotten a message that I needed to update the Home OS before proceeding.

Again, for refresher, the previously loaded XP Pro OS worked fine in IDE mode but not RAID. Back then, however, I didn't realize that even if you loaded the OS in RAID mode, once you backtracked to IDE in the BIOS, you couldn't merely switch back to RAID via the BIOS settings.

Another dumb lack of knowledge on my part.

As far as trying to ISO burn thing, I'd like to try that eventually. With a bit of assistance on exactly which files I need to add, I think I could accomplish that on my current system. I've got DVD Fab and an older version on Nero onboard.

More later.... and many thanks again!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Great to hear you are installed now! Let me know once you get all updated and such.

Thanks, Mr. LSD guru!

I'm still working on it, but so far, I've gotten my XP Home loaded, upgraded to SP2 and then it was possible (and only then) to load the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I also upgraded all the drivers through the GA EP45 disk, logged onto Gibabyte's site via the software in the MB CD, and it upgraded the Realtek driver. So far, I haven't "shopped" for more upgraded drivers yet.

Today, I plan on trying to load the copy of XP Pro over the XP Home, and hope to continue to be able to retain the RAID array. This is where I had problems in the past, but I think they may have been due to the fact that I loaded XP Pro over the Home version without even trying to get it to SP2 or obtaining any driver updates. So, I'll let you know later today how it's going.

Been a crazy, busy weekend so far...

Thanks again.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Great to hear about your progress. Here is all your latest Drivers for that board >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)

Ya if you do a inplace upgrade you should be fine as long as you again load the RAID Driver. It may be fine not doing that, but I would anyway just incase. And I would also choose Clean Install actually if your CD allows you to as opposed to upgrade

Good luck with all this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information