Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-UD3P and E5200 Bios Settings

Default Re: EP45-UD3P and E5200 Bios Settings

This is awsome Ive been looking and reading for some time now even ordered another cpu because I coulnd find to much on this one, ordered a q6600 but I am going to try these setting anyway I hope they work with my gskill 6400 4-4-4-12. thanks lsdmeasap
    Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

So I have the e5200 and the same motherboard. The only difference is that i do have that G.Skill Pi ram from the link above. its settings are 4-4-4-12 at 1.8-1.9 Volts. Also, as i am new at this, when overclocking, should I try to set one thing at a time? I mean should i leave everything except like the pci value (100) set to auto and focus on vcore and fsb(including letting it set the ram). I have read some guides to this but am a bit confused. Also i was trying to just match your settings but I couldnt figure out if you meant vcore in bios should be that or if that accounts for vdroop(which i dont really understand either) any advice would be much appreicated! Thanks!

OK.
    I must be doing something wrong. I can get up to about 250 FSB and no higher no matter what the voltage(up to 1.3625 or whatever intel recommentds). At 250 i can use the stock voltage of 1.22500. then it just stops. All I am adjusting is Vcore and bus tho. Not memory or anythnig like that. i was just seeing what I could do. Am I missing a setting or something that I need to change off auto? This is sorta disappointing, I was hoping for 3.5 Ghz...

LSD4MASAP, Thankyou so much for helping the orignal guy. I happen to have the exact same setup as him, and couldn't find ANY help online. all of the guides I was reading were using different mobo's and after several hours of reading/attempting to overclock, I didn't feel safe. I used your settings, and memtest86+ was perfect and orthos is fine so far.... (we'll see).

Anyways I have a question that anyone answer....

I clocked it to 350 *10 to get the 3.5ghz speed, but orthos is reporting my cpu speed as 4374mhz!!!

why is it reporting that, and is it safe?

Thanks for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by laneza01 View Post
    So I have the e5200 and the same motherboard. The only difference is that i do have that G.Skill Pi ram from the link above. its settings are 4-4-4-12 at 1.8-1.9 Volts. Also, as i am new at this, when overclocking, should I try to set one thing at a time? I mean should i leave everything except like the pci value (100) set to auto and focus on vcore and fsb(including letting it set the ram). I have read some guides to this but am a bit confused. Also i was trying to just match your settings but I couldnt figure out if you meant vcore in bios should be that or if that accounts for vdroop(which i dont really understand either) any advice would be much appreicated! Thanks!
    I think he meant vcore in whatever program you use should be at 1.36v, not the bios. I put my vcore in the bios to 1.400000 and it ended up coming out to 1.36v (intel's recommended) in cpu-z.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information