Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec




  1. #11
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Clear Tape on the CPU? What is that, never seen tape on any CPU's

    Sounds like your buddy should maybe be building with a friend and not alone?

    Ya, sadly sounds like he somehow borked the board. Good luck on the RMA, wish you a speedy replacement

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Clear Tape on the CPU? What is that, never seen tape on any CPU's

    Sounds like your buddy should maybe be building with a friend and not alone?

    Ya, sadly sounds like he somehow borked the board. Good luck on the RMA, wish you a speedy replacement
    I asked him again and he meant it was some clear plastic on the bottom of the Zalman fan.

    Update: New mobo came in and the same problem exists :(

  3. #13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavlon View Post
    I asked him again and he meant it was some clear plastic on the bottom of the Zalman fan.

    Update: New mobo came in and the same problem exists :(
    Maybe bad CPU ? or you need new PSU if problem go away.

    Check bios for support quad cpu with UD3P.

    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    9

    Talking Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Problem fixed - I tried using 1 memory module in slot 1 and it failed, so I removed it and tried the other memory module in slot 1 and it worked.
    I swear I tried that already, but I guess I must have mixed up the modules.

    I verified defective memory module by using a King Tiger KT-2pro tester.
    Result - One device failed (u4) during functional testing.

    Thanks for all of the advice. I'm happy that I found this forum, you guys rock!!

    Mav
    Last edited by Mavlon; 01-14-2009 at 11:45 PM.

  5. #15

    Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavlon View Post
    Problem fixed - I tried using 1 memory module in slot 1 and it failed, so I removed it and tried the other memory module in slot 1 and it worked.
    I swear I tried that already, but I guess I must have mixed up the modules.

    I verified defective memory module by using a King Tiger KT-2pro tester.
    Result - One device failed (u4) during functional testing.

    Thanks for all of the advise. I'm happy that I found this forum, you guys rock!!

    Mav
    glad to hear,
    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  6. #16
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - powers on for 1 sec

    Nice to hear you found the issue!!

    Sorry to hear you had to RMA the board only to find the faulty ram now!

    Ohh, yeah I kinda thought he may have meant on the Zalman about that plastic.

    If you need some more help with anything feel free to post back anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •