Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Even MORE problems with my EP35-DS4

Default Even MORE problems with my EP35-DS4

So tell me people, is it normal to have completely dead PCI-e slots? I bought Intel PRO NIC and it just doesn't work no matter what slot I try. I believe now that the slots are dead cause some weeks ago I bought Asus Xonar soundcard and same scenario. Weird!
    The x16 slot works, the lower one. The upper one seem to have problems with vga cards (usually no signal going in the monitor and a error beep at POST; sometimes works sometimes not).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Even MORE problems with my EP35-DS4

Sounds like a faulty slot then, you should RMA the board if GFX cards are not working in the top slot.

You are setting Init First Display in the advanced BIOS page right? Peg for PCIE 1 and PEG2 for PCIE 2

After LONG time I solved all problems.

Too bad GigaByte didn't bother with being more specific.
    Anyway - the pci-e slots are not all the same (and I don't mean speed); when you insert something in the lower wannabe x16 slot (which in fact only supports x4 mode), ALL x1 slots are disabled. I don't understand this 100%, but someone also told me the lower slot is shared with the x1 ones.

The upper one, real x16, must be somehow specific. The errors with card not being recognized in this slot were instantly fixed by adding 0.025V into the northbridge. Wow.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, ya that is noted in the specs page and in the manual.

Glad to see you got it all squared away! Post back anytime if you need more help with something

Thread Information