Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New comp with EP43-DS3L mobo windows problem

Default New comp with EP43-DS3L mobo windows problem

I recently just put my computer together, everything but the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]RAM[/COLOR][/COLOR] bc it didnt ship and i just received the RAM a couple hours ago, popped it in and started it up with the windows disc,it goes through the initial blue screen goes through in the installation and setup files, then it tells me The first portion of the installation is complete my computer will restart in 15 seconds and take it from the next step, but when my computer restarts it just goes through the entire thing again even though i can see the HD is partitioned i have to select it and it just does it over and over again. Any help would be great.

Comp Specs:
    Gigabyte EP43-DS3L motherboard
    Radeon HD4830 video card
    4 gigs of ddr2 800 g-skill RAM
    [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Intel[/COLOR][/COLOR] E5200 Dual core Processor
    250gb seagate barracuda 7200.10

Default Re: New comp with EP43-DS3L mobo windows problem

I just popped in Windows Vista rather than XP and it loads files brings up the small bar, then goes to a sky blue screen and just sits there, i can move my mouse but nothing else shows up, anyone have any idea?!

Stuff just came up actually, going through with it, hopefully it works

I dont get this, i get to the part where i need to install xp on a partition, i have selected it, even deleted the partition and done it again, but it keeps saying "windows is unable to find a system volume that fits the criteria for this installation" even tho i can see the 250gig hd right there, plz help

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What Ports do you have your Disks plugged into # wise I mean, and where is your DVD drive connected. What do you have set for these settings on your BIOS page >>>

Integrated Peripherals

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. Disabled
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

And what install media do you have? XP I mean anyway, XP would have to be SP1 or greater to install with.

Try again with one stick of ram, could be your issue if you think you have your settings correct

Thread Information