Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P SATA/IDE Bios Configuration for Windows XP x64

Default Re: Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P SATA/IDE Bios Configuration for Windows XP x64

Small mix up I think. I thought you mean't you installed the AHCI for Vista via custom install. Vista is the only OS that has those drives built in so there is no need to do a vlite install unless of course you want the latest intel drivers :) but it will work using stock vista install CD.

I have built 5 pcs for myself with NO problems - P3V4X, P4T, P5P800, and 2 P5B Deluxes, all which I have passed on to family. (notice a pattern there - I am so kicking myself now for not sticking to it). I was led astray by some cruel joker and now find myself stuck with a gigaBITES board which I can neither return nor stomp on - although I am close.

I am glad I found this thread and have signed on today.
    Thank you for posting those links. I have the same problem but with XP 32. I will have to devote more of my time clearing up the endless reboot.

I will post back for others who may also find themselves with a happily colored paper weight of a mobo.
    If / when this is solved I will move on to the next nightmare which the gaep34ud3pblahblahblah has in store for me.

Right now I have 1 sata raptor hooked into the first yellow sata on mobo, and 1 sata dvd burner hooked into the far right purple sata on mobo.
    My goal is to have 6 sata hdds all on yellow sata ports and to keep the 1 sata dvd burner in the purple sata mobo port. No raid.

Superman be with me.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Let me know if you need help with this, I can help you with your BIOS settings if you need it for sure.

Not sure why you are so upset with this board, it is a nice board. If you are having issues please post about them so we can try to help

Thank you for your time and patience with the reply.

Due to time constraints, I have to pick and choose my battles.
    And after a bit of research, I decided to keep the setting at IDE for now, the performance gain with AHCI setting is highly debated and the IDE setting takes care of the endless reboot.

For my other problems, I am researching these forums.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information