Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Boot impossible on EP45-DS3R

Default Re: USB Boot impossible on EP45-DS3R

I tried all mode but didn't changed anything :(

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well since you did not answer that does not help at all. Those settings and what ports (Color and #) you are using matter.

And have you tried a different USB Stick? I know, and see more daily, that some USB Sticks will not work in DOS or Pre windows environments on GA boards, such as I often see certain ones will not work with Qflash that is why I added the bootable USE Method to the Guide. But some will just not work at all unless you are in windows.

So That may be the issue here. Can you see it in Qflash?

What is Qflash? My USB Key is Kingston Data Traveler II. USB Boot with it worked on other PC as i said, but it wasn't GA motherboard... I don't have another USB Key to use right now... I'll try to watch those settings and tell you as soon as possible..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Qflash is the BIOS update utility. See here on how it works, and what your USB Stick should show up like in Qflash if it works with your board >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Hey, sorry for the late answer. It seems Qflash can see it, but strangly... When not inserted, it shows FLOPPY A which is supposed to be floppy... Even if they're not floppy disk here!

And when USB Key is plugged, i can see FLOPPY B too! But it's strange, because it says there's around 30mo on it, and it's 8gb...! Anyway, i just installed Windows 7 Beta on laptop with that same USB Key.

Worked without any problems... But still doesn't work on this PC... Damnn!!!
    Last edited by SarangDo; 01-20-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information