Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-8I848P775-G and scsi boot support?

Default GA-8I848P775-G and scsi boot support?

Does anyone know if the GA-8I848P775-G will support booting from a scsi drive?

I currently have a GA-8I848P775-G and an Adaptec AHA-2940W controller hooked up to a drive that i want to boot from.

Its the only available hard drive i have at my disposal at the moment and was hoping to get this system to use it as the main drive.

Windows XP install sees the drive fine and installs to it, but after its reboot it will not boot to the drive , it goes back to the install cd.

How do i correct this? Or am i out of luck?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-8I848P775-G and scsi boot support?

Hmm, I am not sure and was about to suggest you ask here >>>
    GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life

But since you said it installs fine then it sounds like you just need to go into the advanced BIOS page and then into the Hard Disk Boot Priority Section and move your SCSI Disk to the top of that list.

This is not First, second, third Boot Device, but the setting at the top of that page. Just to make things for sure clear there

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-8I848P775-G and scsi boot support?

Hmm, I am not sure and was about to suggest you ask here >>>
    GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life

But since you said it installs fine then it sounds like you just need to go into the advanced BIOS page and then into the Hard Disk Boot Priority Section and move your SCSI Disk to the top of that list.

This is not First, second, third Boot Device, but the setting at the top of that page. Just to make things for sure clear there

Thread Information