Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P difficulty

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P difficulty

sounds like a weak power supply? do you have another to test with.

also the P45 has a bug in it where it will power off if the cpu freq doesnt match the cpu speed (on first boot up, or when changing the speed for the first time), make sure the ratio matches the cpu's ratio and its not under/overclocked.

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
    OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

i dont have another power supply. is there a way to test my current one either with software or with a meter?

the cpu freq is set at the spec, no over or underclocking.

It seems more likely that the startup issues are are matter of getting the bios dialed in as making changes there have a direct impact on how well the system starts.

sure enough it still needs numerous power cycles before a good post.

would setting the timings to the memory's Jedec#0 spd for 800MHz 1.8v 5,5,5,15 allow it to post any better? are there other settings that i can continue to mess around with?

messing around with the voltages makes me a little nervous so im not going to monkey around without direction.

i'd really like to sort this out. im getting to the point where im seriously considering going with different ram that has been confirmed to work with this board.

did some research and checked the voltage that the psu is putting out when it's sitting idle in bios.
    3.297, 4.998, 12.07 when measured with my fluke, so all is well there

usually volts aren't the problem but amps. if it cant get enough amps it will fail.

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
    OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

so i was playing around and started getting an obscene amount of bluescreens varying all over the place. the settings aren't anything other than ones that have 'worked' for me previously.

I figured id run memtest on each stick individually, but what i found especially interesting was the machine posted immediately on a cold startup. I checked both sticks and sure enough it posts without difficulty in the first slot.

im tempted to try channel b in the 2,4 slots and see if theres a difference, but at this point im going to let memtest run and verify if the ram is still good.

I was having similar issues that were driving me crazy with the same hardware. It had trouble cold booting but resets were never a problem. I noticed the problems got worse after I added an additional case fan powered through one of the MB headers. I simply added a 1 second delay for the hard drives to spin up and I haven't had any problems since. My guess is that the power supply could handle the sustained power needs of the system but it freaked out when it had to spin up all of the fans, drives, and post the system all at the same time.

EmoryDelt - there's a bios setting for that? can you point me in the right direction? im will to try just about anything at this point.

as an update, both sticks, individually, made 11+ passes in memtest with no errors. both also cold booted without any issue.

set the "HDD delay" its in bios on the 3rd or so section I would try altering the MCH reference and also possibly lowering the dram termination or mch/dram reference. Basically set it manually to 1/2 of the Dram voltage. So in your case with 2.1v dram, set the stuff to 1.05v 1st, which is what auto sets it to. Then try setting it 1-2 notches lower and try memtest.

Also try mch ref of .74 with 1.22v mch, also can try lower on the mch ref, like .70. The way you set this is with VT at stock 1.2v, then change the reference, then go back and raise the vtt if needed
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

systems posts fine with both sticks in the first two slots, so at least i know now it will run all 4gigs in single channel.

added a hdd delay of 1 and got called out for work for a couple hours. went back to the 1 and 3 slots and after a couple power cycles i shut it down.

i then set it up in the 2 and 4 slots and it posted immediately. i added another second to hdd delay just in case. in the back of my mind im thinking it posted due to the powercycling it did when trying to run on the 1 and 3 slots, but im crossing fingers it will post right away tomorrow and my problem is just the 3rd slot.

im curious, are the voltage changes to MCH, ICH, vtt necessary for only dual channel configurations or both? currently the only voltage change ive made is to DRAM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information