Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P difficulty

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by heavyengineering View Post
    im curious, are the voltage changes to MCH, ICH, vtt necessary for only dual channel configurations or both? currently the only voltage change ive made is to DRAM.
    It should not be necessary to run dual channel, but for your specific setup some tweaking may be required.

Also 1 other thing, the PL(performance level, aka static tRead) this maybe some issue also???

Do you have the profile 2 or the profile whatever in the MIT page set on auto where the board reads the timings from the memory??

What I always do is start with 1 stick in the 1st slot, then try 2 sticks if that worked. If not, then I switch the sticks, so slot 1 goes to 3 and slot 3 goes to 1. It can make a difference.
    Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 01-31-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

currently using a PL of 9

XMP is disabled

swapping the sticks is the next thing to try if i get the same issues running dual channel on the 2 and 4 slots as the 1 and 3. its the only thing i havent done yet.

it posted on a cold boot. im still in disbelief.

should i be concerned about not setting any of the voltages or should i just leave well enough alone?

memset and cpu-z confirm timings although memory speed fluctuates a little in memset from 530.8 to 534.3?

Sounds like you have a bad board if everything works in the other slots. I guess you can either just be happy that it works and never use the other slots or RMA the board.

im satisfied with it the way it is. i cant see pushing more ram, id be more likely to upgrade to ddr3 and an i7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information