Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EP35-DS3L, scanning bios image problem

Default Re: EP35-DS3L, scanning bios image problem

Quote Originally Posted by ahdrage View Post
    Not planning on installing windows at first.
    Any test there that I can't do in OSX?
    Bought this mobo because there is a beautiful guide to install macosx on this board.
    I'm confused....

I would say most people on this forum are more familiar with Windows than OSX.
    Obviously it's up to you in what you install, but if you want help on the board etc and you insist on installing a less popular OS, you'll likely to get less help - if any.
    Most on here, are used to using a large range of windows diagnostic tools and know as to how they report on a windows PC.

I'm not saying one OS is better than the other, in fact I like Linux, but you are more likely to confuse the issue, if you use OSX.

Let me know though if you do use OSX - I'd rather not go in circles on this one anymore - sorry.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Allrighty:)
    Installing winxp now :)

up and running completely fine now.
    any tools you want me to run?

Are you using the borrowed ram at the moment?

I can't even remember your full spec. You could try games or if you are a gamer, the X3 TC rolling Benchmark Demo from Egosoft makes a good test for CPU, Memory and Graphics card.

You could download and install HWmonitor from CPUID so that you can check your temperatures and voltages.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Runned some different tests now, everything seems to be working properly.
    Using the borrowed ram atm.

Is there any ram I should steer away from when buying new ones now?

Quote Originally Posted by ahdrage View Post
    Runned some different tests now, everything seems to be working properly.
    Using the borrowed ram atm.

Is there any ram I should steer away from when buying new ones now?
    Most the Ram out there competes at a price point. I tend to buy from manufacturers that have and do offer the best support.
    It's no good in my opinion if theres a 10 year warranty etc, if for whatever reason you can't use it or it's not fully supported in the country you live in.

Everyone has their favourite brands for various reasons. I like OCZ as their European support is the best I've ever come across in any area of PC Component support and warranty.
    But i have no doubt others have had good experiences with other makes etc.

Probably best though to go for a midrange (or higher) product rather than the "Value" product or base product.
    If you want some extra headroom and it's within your budget, buy something that has a speed rating higher than 800Mhz. You could say run 1000Mhz+ ram at 800Mhz if you wished and that extra headroom should make setting things up far easier. Also you'd have greater flexibility to overclock later if you wished.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information