Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple problems after changing PSU

Default Re: Multiple problems after changing PSU

hopefully you can still get a refund if something is screwed up with your board. I would omit the part about powersupply going out. it might void the warranty. I would still get a Gigabyte as I believe they are on top of the game right now.

As I said earlier and somebody else emphasized, strip it down to bare bones and try one component at a time. Process of elimination is the key to fixing most computer problems.

I just came from Micro Center, where I bought the board, and spoke to one of the associates. He said I should definitely exchange it, and that if the IDE controller went bad then other parts of the board are soon to follow. I did leave out the part about the power supply; that seemed like common sense. I'd like to get the same board so there are no issues with re-authorizing Vista, but if that's not possible I'll get some other Gigabyte board.

At the very least that should fix the IDE issue. We'll see about the non- and slow-booting windows issue. I'll post back after I swap the boards. If it works, I may be looking for voltage optimization guides. And I just learned about "burning in" a new system, so I'll be looking for ways to do that as well. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Wow... The replacement motherboard apparently fixed everything. Both OS's boot right up, and the IDE DVD drive is seen. It's the same model of board, so Vista hasn't complained about hardware changes either. So, now to find voltage guides to optimize this, and ways to burn it in good this time!

Good deal!! I am glad to hear it worked out for you. I know first hand it can be frustrating. I assumed(silly me) that you mail ordered your board. Probably cause I only have BB and CC in my area. I guess it sucks to be me!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Radical JC View Post
    Wow... The replacement motherboard apparently fixed everything. Both OS's boot right up, and the IDE DVD drive is seen. It's the same model of board, so Vista hasn't complained about hardware changes either. So, now to find voltage guides to optimize this, and ways to burn it in good this time!
    I'd recommend before you go optimising that you check out if the board is stable at its default settings. Often a few settings only need to be changed to really increase stability.
    Often though (and I'm not suggesting you will) people plough in and go straight into overclocking mode etc on a new/replacement board without determining if everything works normally at default.

It's always good to have a base reference and Memtest Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool can help in confidence testing of your setup - I recommend you run it before tweaking.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Aha, thanks for the advice. I will run that before tweaking. I've just been lazy so far and played a couple of games rather than fooling around in the BIOS. And cleaning--with all the boxes, manuals, cables, and parts strewn about, it looks like a computer exploded in my room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information