Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UD5 Post problem code C1

Default Re: UD5 Post problem code C1

Try to reset CMOS, remove the mainboard battery and leave it out for a while, maybe even overnight and see if that fixes the problem.

My second motherboard wouldn't get past C1 the first time I tried powering on, but it did get past it after a few seconds on the 3rd or 4th try. I immediately flashed the Bios to F4 and haven't had a problem since. I also haven't tried any overclocking, or even setting the RAM to its rated 1333 instead of the default 1066.

It shows C1 on every boot still, but it gets past it quickly, and goes through a bunch of other codes too, but I assume that's a normal part of the boot process.

Also, make sure you have a speaker hooked up to your motherboard. If your motherboard gets stuck on C1 and doesn't make any beeps it's not a good sign.

I have just had same problem with my Gigabyte EX58 Extreme
    I ordered a new Gigabyte EX58 Extreme and it booted just fine
    i will RMA old one for a back up

I also will not run 12 gigs a ram again all though it should be able to no problem

after running on 6 gigs for a month then adding another 6 gigs I will say there was no differance anyways

if you ask me 6 gigs was better because it ran at 1600 with 12 it had to be set at 1333

just so you all know i dont think it was vottage problem as mine was set at 1.64

testing sig
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information