Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Hello !
    My Computer worked very well for 3 month with this motherboard.
    But now it does not boot any more and the display on the motherboard shows "C1".
    On the monitor there is nothing, the beep of the motherboard does not come and the screen does not even show the start screen.

    What can I do ?
    I have 6 DDR3 Rams with 12 GB.

    Please help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by kbatman99 View Post
    Hello !
    My Computer worked very well for 3 month with this motherboard.
    But now it does not boot any more and the display on the motherboard shows "C1".
    On the monitor there is nothing, the beep of the motherboard does not come and the screen does not even show the start screen.

    What can I do ?
    I have 6 DDR3 Rams with 12 GB.

    Please help
    Try Clearing the Cmos.

    Also you can search these forums using just "X58" (no quotations) and find the most recent posts and common issues with this chipset/boards.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    Try Clearing the Cmos.

    Also you can search these forums using just "X58" (no quotations) and find the most recent posts and common issues with this chipset/boards.
    I have cleared the CMOS with the switch on the back side.
    It does not help.

  4. #4

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Try booting the Pc using only one stick of your ram, in the first white slot
    See how that goes
    Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme F4J
    Intel Core i7 920(196x21) @4116 HT 1.5025v
    3x3Gb Corsair Dominator @1568 7-7-7-20 1.65V
    3xEvga 8800 Ultra Tri-Sli
    Pioneer BD-Rom/Dvd rw sata
    Tagan 1100W
    Lian Li PC-P80B
    EK Supreme 1366
    Thermochill PA120.3
    Laing MCP655

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    same problem i have atm, mine work for about a week

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ud5-...code-c1-29790/
    i7 920 w/ TRUE120 @ 4 Ghz
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F3
    Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1600CG 6GB @ 1600Mhz
    XFX 4890
    WD 2x1TB RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.11 2x750GB Raid 0
    Antec P182 | Antec 850W
    Samsung SH-S203B | Westinghouse L2410NM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingScotsman View Post
    Try booting the Pc using only one stick of your ram, in the first white slot
    See how that goes
    I tried to boot with one RAM.
    But nothing !
    No booting no beep just "C1"
    Can anybody help me to reactivate my expensive pc ?
    Thank you !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by kbatman99 View Post
    I tried to boot with one RAM.
    But nothing !
    No booting no beep just "C1"
    Can anybody help me to reactivate my expensive pc ?
    Thank you !

    j/w did you overclock and what was your setting if you still can remember
    i7 920 w/ TRUE120 @ 4 Ghz
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F3
    Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1600CG 6GB @ 1600Mhz
    XFX 4890
    WD 2x1TB RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.11 2x750GB Raid 0
    Antec P182 | Antec 850W
    Samsung SH-S203B | Westinghouse L2410NM

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    j/w did you overclock and what was your setting if you still can remember
    I overclocked CPU and RAM.
    It worked well for 3 weeks and now this !
    I cannot rememebr the settings. Sorry.
    How can I reset the bios settings to the ok values or switch to the alternate bios ?
    Thank you for your answer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: EX58 extreme does not boot any more Error C1

    Quote Originally Posted by kbatman99 View Post
    I overclocked CPU and RAM.
    It worked well for 3 weeks and now this !
    I cannot rememebr the settings. Sorry.
    How can I reset the bios settings to the ok values or switch to the alternate bios ?
    Thank you for your answer.
    the only way to reset your values are to clr cmos

    did you try the full guide like taking out your battery and leaving it out for 20 min

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596

    but the problem i find is that you wont even be able to get into bios it is as the mobo cannot see the ram, usualy the c1 process takes few sec (all the phase led turns on (green,yellow, red) for few secs and then off for normal boot not it just wont get pass that step
    i7 920 w/ TRUE120 @ 4 Ghz
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F3
    Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1600CG 6GB @ 1600Mhz
    XFX 4890
    WD 2x1TB RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.11 2x750GB Raid 0
    Antec P182 | Antec 850W
    Samsung SH-S203B | Westinghouse L2410NM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •