Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I must take Time Off for Product Reviews (A MUST)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default I must take Time Off for Product Reviews (A MUST)

I am sorry to say I must do this, but I MUST!!!

I have to take a few days off from here to get some things done.

Gigabyte shipped me a motherboard (GA-EP45-DS4P) in late September which I said I will write a review about. With the Holidays and the economy I had to pickup more hours at work shortly afterwords which has limited my testing time.

The requests for help here has also GREATLY Increased over the time since then, so with the less time I actually have at home and the 6-8 hours I spend a night trying to help out users here I have been left with very little time to get things done in respect to this motherboard review.

I have got many tests done, lots of data collected, and partially written up some of my review. I have also been working on a small guide to cover some of the aspects of the new Gigabyte P45 BIOS's to go with this review.

To add to this, Crucial and Mushkin have also sent me some commonly used Memory modules in November, which I will be writing up a small review on and small guides for Gigabyte users. I plan to post with these Memory reviews various speeds results and stable settings for users to have a base set of timings to work with. These reviews I planned to make due to various users having issues with certain configurations or model's of memory.

With the Kind offering from Crucial of two sets of their new 2.0V memory I will be providing a review and settings for 2x2GB and 4x1GB at Various speeds.

Mushkin has kindly sent me a set which I inquired about that seemed to trouble more users then it should have. The kit is a 2x2GB set model HP 996587, which is one of their mid-range offerings.

Again, I am sorry that I must take some time off to do this, but it HAS to get done!!

It has been bothering me that I have not yet posted a review for this Motherboard, and I feel I may have disappointed Gigabyte in not doing so yet. Something I did not want to do, nor do I feel happy with myself about. The same feelings apply to the Ram I have for review, but I have not had it quite as long as this board. However I am sure that most people who do reviews take MUCH less time then I have been to get a review out to the masses.

With my time cut short at home and having to work longer hours due to the economy, the mass influx of support issues here, and my bad feelings about taking so long I MUST Take some time off to finish these projects.

Hopefully you as a community will understand and put in a little bit of effort to help others here in my absence, as well as look around for some help with your own issues as there is TONS of information already posted here.

I Do hope that Gigabyte, Mushkin, and Crucial do not take me off their list of contacts over my long delayed reviews on their products due to my lack in speed of reviewing products. This is why this is a must, I would hate to loose Official contacts just because I am short on time to get things done.

Sorry again to everyone who made need some help right not, but I just feel that if I do not take this time off to get these reviews done I never will and these companies may never send me a sample to help others with again.

Default Re: I must take Time Off for Product Reviews (A MUST)

Yer you should not waste such nice opportunity's to review and test hardware Think the board should be able to handle itself for a couple of days.

Good luck, looking forward reading your reviews

Chucko is offline Member

No worries. I'm frankly amazed that you can crank out as many helpful posts as you do.

I can pick up some of the slack handling novice questions, but I'm kinda busy myself.

looking forward to the review when you get it done - an X58 in the future would be great too
    GA-EP45-DQ6, Q6700 @ 3.33ghz, 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC 8800, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, Gigabyte Poseyden case, Geforce 7300GS, WD 1TB Caviar Black, SG 250 Barracuda, Raid 5 with 3 SG 250 Barracudas on ICH10R, Raid0 with 2 WD 640 Caviar Black on 3Ware 9650SE 4LPML, LG Bluray DVD R/RW, Corsair HX620W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Just dropped in to Bump n Sticky this while I am out so everyone see's it

Glad to hear that's all it is, I had noticed your absence of late. I didn't really have anything to update my old thread on yet, but I have discovered that my OC is not stable under Intel's Burn Test.

It's a bummer, but as it went 12hrs in Prime and hasn't given me any grief aside from the burn test, I can live with it.

The DS4 isn't a bad board, but if that DS4P is going spare after you've finished the review, I'll PM you my address details.

Look forward to the review.

Hello Lsdmeasap,

Anything that you do will be understood by us. You are very kind and helpful with the user and the only thing that I can do is give you thanks for all. If you need time for your things, you take it.

Sorry for my english

I think you will find Gigabyte is appreciative of your exaustive efforts to assist its customer base with individual assistance; at least I HOPE SO !!!!
    your exemplary efforts here have swayed alot of potential buyers to finialize their decision to buy a gigabyte board! As a mod from another tech support site, I share my complete love of gigabyte products and the vast individual support you can get here is just another reason to buy gigabyte boards over any other!

thanks again for all YOUR time and dedication .......

best regards

joe

Thumbs up Re: I must take Time Off for Product Reviews (A MUST)

appreciative of your exaustive efforts :)

So true because of you & this board I switched from ASUS, and have bought 2 motherboards in the last 3 months. Thanks Dave.

thanks for all your help lsdmeasap.
    EP45-UD3P - F6 BIOS
    Intel Core 2 -quad q6600 slacr @ 2.4GHz -
    4X2GB gskill F2-6400CL4P1-B@ 4-4-4-12
    2 SATA INTERNAL DRIVES 1TB AND 1 250GB
    geforce xfx GT 9800 GT 512 MB
    ASUS P5M2 COOLER
    zephyr 750w
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information