Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overlocking with ep45-dsl3

Default overlocking with ep45-dsl3

I have a Q6600 and ep45-ds3l. The memory I'm using is : CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

I've never overclocked before but have been told this is a great proc to overclock with, so I'd like to give it a shot, starting out with some mild overclocking and perhaps more later, depending on how things go.

Is this fairly easy to do or will I need to follow a guide? I've seen a few guides on the web, but not of them seem to exactly match my system specs.

Chucko is offline Member

Default Re: overlocking with ep45-dsl3

Please have a look at this thread. To keep it short and sweet: make sure everything works at standard speeds out of the box, go slow, keep the RAM speed below 800 MHz until you verify the CPU and MCH, change one thing at a time, do lots of stability testing, watch your temperatures.

Also, do study the various guides out there. Poke around the BIOS screens and get familiar with what controls you have. Every mobo maker labels the controls differently, but a P45 Express is always going to have the same essential controls, so you can learn from other peoples' results even if you don't have the same exact mobo.

The Q6600 is a great overclocker if you have one with low VID. I got one with VID of 1.275V and it will do 3 GHz easy at that voltage! I have the -DS3R version of your board so I expect I will be able to share a lot with you.

Thread Information