Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: unable to use Q8200 processor on supported motherboard.

Default unable to use Q8200 processor on supported motherboard.

I just bought a Q8200 proc to use on my Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L and this processor is supported as per the proc support list here
    However upon installing the processor the following error throws up on POST:

CPUID:00010677 Patch ID:0000

I had updated the motherboard to the latest rev f8b prior to installation. Now I have gone back to using my previous processor. Can anyone help? I have two DDR2 sticks of RAM - one at 667Mhz and the other at 800Mhz and interchanging these have no effect - im unable to get into the bios, it simply hangs at this error. Please help.
    Thanks.

Default Re: unable to use Q8200 processor on supported motherboard.

Could anyone please help? Some directions?

F6
    (by Overclocking)

looks like you have to bump the fsb to bring it inline with the q8200 1333mhz as your board is only 1066mhz

Did you manage to get this working - I ask because I was thinking of doing the same but was unsure about the over-clocking aspect.

thanks

That info isn't an error in itself, I see that on my X38-DS4 with anything but the horrible beta BIOS, and the X48-DS5 prior to F7, and while it means my CPU shows up as a P3 in diagnostics, it didn't affect the performance of the system. Different unsupported CPUs probably act in different ways though.
    You tried just using one stick of memory?

Thread Information