Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3R Standby (S3) shuts off computer

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3R Standby (S3) shuts off computer

Screen Goes black, fans stop, hard drive stops, and pretty much everything attempts to power down, then immediately afterward the screen comes back up and moments later usb comes back up.

Hi klingon:

Perhaps there's another hardware component besides the network adapter causing the computer to wake up? Take a look at this link -- there are a few windows console commands that might help you troubleshoot this. Maybe even try to disable the mouse and keyboard from waking the system (as long as the power button will work in their place).

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar...3/7658352.aspx
    SM

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Core 2 E6600 2.4Gig
    2x2GB Mushkin 996580

EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb
    OCZ Gamexstream PSU 850W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

USB Comes back up, what exactly do you mean by that? If you have a external Device that may be the issue, do you and if so do you have Legacy USB Storage Detect enabled or disabled?

I Have had this board for three days and have been unable to get the S3 to work properly above 4.1 on the 333 strap 2.4b works just fine other wise no go on any other setting above this. f4 bios revision 1.1
    v core 1.31
    vtt. 1.28
    mch 1.28
    cpu ref .785 et.6
    mch ref .800 et6
    q9650
    CPU vid 1.2250
    4870x2
    Patriot ELK 9200 blade series 4x1 5-5-5-13 1200mhz
    udr3 rev 1.1 under water
    pc power and cooling 750w
    Raptor 150gb OS W7 ultimate
    seagate 1.5 tb x 2 storage
    The nice thing is with easy tune I can set 4.1 for S3 mode for the wife and kids when I'm gone and 4.5 for encoding super fetch disabled frees up a lot of ram and helps with the encoding and gaming for myself. I have not been able to get any of the other bios to work with S3 above 4.0. I wish Gigabyte would address this issue in the future as I would like to run 4.5 24/7 with out entering an endless reboot loop when using S3 other people have reported this destroying components on extreme systems

Best of luck Mike
    Last edited by backon; 03-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.

They are working on it, did you try the latest Beta? Have you tried using the D Multi's instead that may be more stable for you after 400 FSB?

No I haven't really had time to play with it enough I have had problems with the board not loading the values adjusted in bios and rebooting twice then going to defaults if not loading default prior to adjusting bios settings. No matter I'm still very happy with the performance as the same cpu would not run more than 4.3 or 1150mhz PL8 on my p5q deluxe at much higher volts. This is a much easier board to work with once you learn the quirks, at least for me in my opinion I doubt I can squeeze more out of this cpu than 4.5 stable due to the vid 1.2250 and the temps of 75c while running prime. Many other are running 4.2 at 1.28vcore with better temps. I need this to last at least for awhile.

Lsdmeasap bye the way thanks for the info on easy tune VS. bios info post helped me a lot one notch above on each reference setting is spot on for me.
    Last edited by backon; 03-24-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Ya, incorrect settings will double boot back to defaults. I guess that is better then having to clear the CMOS every time you put in some values the boards don't like.

I agree, once you learn some of the GA-P45 boards quirks and how the BIOS acts things get moving alot smoother.

Glad to see you found my Easytune Vs BIOS guide helpful, I had hoped it would help some people out as I know I see alot of people trying to set things and wondering why Easytune was showing the same values still or different values then what they set in the BIOS.

Hope they get you a working S3 BIOS soon, not sure if that is possible at those high clocks? HAHA, but you would know better then me I guess. Just keep a eye on the Latest BIOS thread and if you see a beta you are not sure if it has been fixed yet or not PM me and I will let you know what I have seen reported.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information