Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UD3R - Onboard soundcard wont disable itself

Default Re: UD3R - Onboard soundcard wont disable itself

you need the Microsoft Bus Driver/ Universal Audio Architecture (UAA).

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
    OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

Are you sure? I have googled it previously and now, and as far as i can tell, i only need that driver for the Realtek sound card. I have never had to install anything else than Creatives drivers, so i'm beginning to believe the realteak card is only partially disabled :o

Ok, i decided to install the UUA driver, it didn't work either. I then tried the KB835221 fix, that some have reported various succes with in relation to Realteks sound card. Sadly no luck here.

I'm really beginning to suspect my motherboard is a bit faulty. I mean, i also have that problem with my power_led not working.

Now we are talking about this sort of thing, when you installed your UD3X board, did any one you experince that the motherboard backplate was a bit off? My old one from my Gigabyte 8KNXP, was matching perfectly with the outputs on the motherboard, but my UD3R back plate is actually touching the outputs, and it didn't fit either when i tried to install it at first. It would just fall right off, so i had to bend the sides with a screwdriver, until it would stay securely.

Do you have an ATI graphics card?
    Cause if you do, it might be the High Definition Audio Device (HDMI) that is build in in the graphics card.
    This is used to send both video and audio through the HDMI connector on the graphics card (if it has a hdmi output connector).

Uh..i do! I have an HD4830. Does this mean i need a driver from ATI?

Well, I'm not shure. I have an 4870 with both Vista and Windows 7 Beta and during the install a Microsoft driver was installed automatically.
    Maybe you are using windowsXP and is it not supported under XP?

It is very likely to be Realtek HD audio built in your Radeon. If you don't use it you may disable the entry in Device Manager and don't be bothered any longer.

Yes, that is for the ATI HDMI audio.

I see, thanks a lot to all of you. Been too many years since i last upgraded my hardware, and back then the graphics card was for graphics only, so couldn't see what else it could be than the onboard sound card. Thanks again! Going on hunt for a driver now =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information