Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45 ds4 problems, memory?

Default Re: EP45 ds4 problems, memory?

The only way I know is writing everything on paper. Then you can copy the template you can find in that thread and set your values manually.
    There are people who take photos of the screen, too.
    No easier options, I'm afraid.

Have you tried to boot Windows with only 1 or 2 sticks of memory?

Quote Originally Posted by peribo View Post
    The only way I know is writing everything on paper. Then you can copy the template you can find in that thread and set your values manually.
    There are people who take photos of the screen, too.
    No easier options, I'm afraid.

Have you tried to boot Windows with only 1 or 2 sticks of memory?
    i tried just now to boot with 1 stick, and i got the same bluescreen with a memory dump, so i didnt bother with 2 sticks, im quite sure it will be the same. Safe mode seems to be running more stable now though, havent had any freezes since those last changes. So im thinking of trying to reinstall vista now... But i should try to find the lowest stable timing-settings right?

I wouldn't lower the timings until you know it's absolutely stable. If you are having issues with the Windows installation, you should make a clean install, and afterwards, if everything is fine, you can tweak your settings.

If you don't want to erase all your data, you could try to make space for another partition in the disk and install there, resizing your partition if you have enough free space, of course.

Ah damn, here i thought i had the system somewhat stable, had finally decided to reinstall vista, then the old problem came back, though instead of freezing, the system reboots. Even though i havent changed any settings... then i suddenly couldnt boot with memory multiplier at 2.40, though somehow i now managaed to get it to work with the 2.40 settings again. Memcheck86+ still passes the tests so know i dont really know what to think.

could there be some other voltages that needs to be increased? right now i got default on all except memory which is at 2V

From the other thread I told you:

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….........................: 1.100V [1.240V] << Try 1.05 and then if no luck try 1.22-1.28
    MCH Reference….…….....................: 0.760V [Auto]
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…..........................: 0.900V [Auto]
    ICH I/O………………..........................: 1.5-1.6
    ICH Core…………...…….....................: 1.14-1.2

So you should set MCH Core and ICH voltages manually to the given values.
    The memory timings are important, too, especially tRFC and Static tRead.

Then, you should leave memset running for a few complete passes, not only one. Or you can select test #5 and leave that running for a few passes.

If that goes well, you can try to install Vista with just 2 sticks of memory, just in case.

i dont know how really, but now ive managed to get a clean install of vista, and its currently working with all 4 sticks. Thanks a lot for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information