Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New build problems

Default New build problems

EP45-UD3P
    Q9550
    4GB G.Skill 8500
    900 W topower Powerbird
    2 Seagate 500 GB HD

Anyway I got all my rig put together and fired it up and I get a constant beep beep beep dont' know if they are consider short or long. According to the book one indicates power issues the other is the video card. Well I unhooked everything except the ATX connections still got the same beeping. Put the video card in my other computer it works fine. The other thing is the computer will run a little while while it's beeping then shut down and reboot. Im not getting any video my monitor wont even come on. Everthing is brand new. Also seemed the board was not quite aligned properly with the case so had to stretch a little to secure the video card but it still appearred to be seated. With the computer rebooting and constant beeps I'm thinking power suppy but need some help. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: New build problems

I took the cabling down to just the 2 ATX connection still the same beeping. So I took out the 8 pin ATX and the beeping stopped. So I replaced the cables with out the 8 pin ATX still no go but no beeps at all now no video just black screen and the cpu cooler stopped. So I'm at a lose is it the power supply because all the leds light up or is it the motherboard?

did you try with only 1 mem stick in the 1st slot?? Try each stick there. It should post that way. If not try different memory to see(one stick at a time if needed)
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Speed thanks for the reply. As a last resort as it was getting late I pulled one stick out and got a post. (whoot) Went into the BIOS and it had detected the RAM settings except for the DRAM Voltage was at 1.8 according to the specs for RAM it should be at 2.1. I reset that. Got out and put the 2nd stick in no go. I then took that stick out and got a post. So I changed out the one good with what appeared to be the one bad just to see if it would post. No go. So I spent 4 1/2 hours trying to pin it on the PSU or board when it was the RAM. Anyway, I had bought 2 sets so I installed the other set and got a post. I have to RMA the other set back no wonder DDR 2 is so cheap LOL. I do have what is probably a dumb question though. In the PC health are you suppose to get 4 temp reading for the 4 core or just one temp reading? Thanks for your help.

Well I have it up and running but I installed CPU-Z and noticed the multiplier is moving up and down I would assume this is due to some setting in the BIOS connected to energy savings or some such thing. It stays at 6 most of the time but jumps up from time to time is this something I can change or is it wise to keep it on?

That's Speed Step. If you don't want to overclock, leave it on. If you are going to overclock, disable it and all the power options in that group, C1E etc...except for the thermal monitor.

Thread Information