Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P onboard LAN stopped working!

Default GA-EP45-UD3P onboard LAN stopped working!

I built my machine two weeks back, and installed XP on it. The onboard ethernet adapter was working fine to begin with, and I was able to connect to and browse the net.

But after a week, when I reinstalled the OS (using nlite to remove unwanted components and slipstreaming SP3), I found that the OS didn't recognize the onboard LAN controller. It didn't show up on Device Manager. "Add New Hardware" wizard was unable to find it, and I was not able to install the drivers manually - double clicking on the appropriate INF file flashed the cursor briefly but did nothing else.

I installed Vista Home Premium 64-bit (on a new partition), thinking the XP installation might have some problem, but ran into the same issue. Vista said there was no network adapter found in the system, and the Realtek LAN setup utility for Vista also didn't recognize any adapter.

I have, of course, enabled the onboard LAN options in the BIOS. The SMART LAN option is able to detect any cable connected to it, and the green light at the back of the port glows steady when I insert a cable. For both installations (XP and Vista), I installed the chipset drivers provided by Gigabyte.

So, where is the problem? Has the controller gone faulty? Is there a problem with the BIOS?

Thanks much for your replies!

Here is my configuration:
    ---------------------------------------------
    GA-EP45-UD3P, Q6600 w/ Arctic 7 Freezer Pro
    OCZ Reaper 2x2GB PC6400
    HIS ATi Radeon HD4670
    Seagate 500GB @ 7200 RPM
    ---------------------------------------------
    Last edited by kskarun; 01-21-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P onboard LAN stopped working!

Did you download the lan driver or use it off the CD? I thought I saw someone else having an issue and that the CD or website had incorrect drivers.

I would still think it should show up in device manager though?
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

SpeedEuphoria: I used the ones on the driver CD provided by Gigabyte. It worked fine for sometime, so I didn't need to download the drivers from any website.

And yes, it does seem strange that they are not listed under Device Manager. The only entry I see under network adapters is for firewire. An entry with an yellow icon would have been welcome!

The same issue is with Vista - it neither recognizes the hardware, nor does the Realtek setup utility for Vista detect the LAN port.

Any ideas?

OK. I solved the problem. I disabled the LAN controllers in BIOS, booted once into XP, and then restarted the machine. Then I enabled the controllers again, and when the machine rebooted, XP automatically recognized the new hardware and asked for drivers. Popped in the Gigabyte driver DVD and the drivers installed without a problem! When I started Vista it already had them detected and drivers installed.

Funny this happened all of a sudden, guess it is one of the quirks of the board!

Thread Information