Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory problem need help.

Default Re: Memory problem need help.

Sorry about my bad sentences which oviously make no sense sometimes my brain injury unfortunly left me with that problem, of typing messages and then reading them as a pile of piss.

Have you tried memtest yet?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Just doing now , only out of bed Vorlanuk, unfortunly i have someone at the house atm and they be leaving in like @ 1.pm atm its only 10.56pm :P

Atm im downloading memtest iso and also 3dmark free 05 editions to test it after i fix all this stuff, also my windows 7 finished downloading so i may play with that i have got one question i would like to ask tho, after contacting gigabyte i received a message but i was wondering would this be my error?

Here is the posts/replys from me to them and so forth -

<table class="Block_Main" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td width="100">From : </td><td>Ben [ teamrazer@yahoo.com ]</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td>Sent : </td><td>1/22/2009 18:37</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td valign="top">Question : </td><td>Right i found the memory on the site ill lnik you, in my bios the CL only shows a 6 as available but following the steps on the kingston site makes it impossible for my memory to be at its rated as the cl is not there.

Hyperlink =
    Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR2 -

Located in the DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY KITS

Model number/ KHX8500AD2K2/4G 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Non-ECC CL7 7-7-7-20 1.85-2.0V

And using the kinston sample @ the bottom i tried to configure the memory for the mobo, with no success. Part Number Timings

KHX3200A/512 7-7-7-20-2T

Timing Definition Abbreviations What it does
    7 CAS Latency CL Delay between activation of row and reading of row(unavailble)
    7 RAS to CAS
    (or Row to Column Delay) tRCD Activates row
    7 Row Precharge Delay
    (or RAS Precharge Delay) tRP/tRCP Deactivates row
    20 Row Active Delay
    (or RAS Active Delay,
    or time to ready) tRA/tRD/tRAS Number of clock cycles between activation and deactivation of row
    2 Command Rate CMD Rate Delay between chip select and command

@ 2.0V , this was the hardest part as i have never setup memory manaualy. Also i was told that i have to apply a TRFC number as 56 or something when using more than 2gb, is that true and if so what number?</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" background="images/pop-bgtitle.jpg">
    Answer - 707380
    </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#edf3fd"><td valign="top" width="100">Answer : </td><td>We are checking any compatibility problem between Kingston DDRII 800 memories and GA-EP35C-DS3R (2.1).

Please provide more information about memory; we need full memory model name/number, in order to duplicate the problem.

Thank you.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Here is the rest located in the datasheet for it but im not the smart and havnt a clue what it all means-

DESCRIPTION:
    Kingston's KHX8500AD2K2/4G is a kit of two 256M x 64-bit 2GB (2048MB) DDR2-1066 CL7
    SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) memory modules, based on sixteen 128M x 8-bit DDR2 FBGA
    components per module. Total kit capacity is 4GB (4096MB). Each module pair has been tested to
    run at DDR2- 1066MHz at a latency timing of 7-7-7-20 at +1.85V to +2.0V. The SPD is programmed
    to JEDEC standard latency 800Mhz timing of 6-6-6-18 at +1.8V. Each 240-pin DIMM uses gold
    contact fingers and requires +1.8V. The electrical and mechanical specifications are as follows:
    FEATURES:
    Power supply : Vdd: 1.8V 0.1V, Vddq: 1.8V 0.1V
    Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
    Bidirectional data strobe(DQS)
    Differential clock inputs(CK and CK)
    DLL aligns DQ and DQS transition with CK transition
    Programmable Read latency 6, 5, 4 (clock)
    Burst Length: 4, 8 (Interleave/nibble sequential)
    Programmable Burst type (sequential & interleave)
    Timing Reference: 6-6-6-18 at +1.8V / 7-7-7-20 at +1.85 to +2.0V
    Edge aligned data output, center aligned data input
    Auto & Self refresh, 7.8us refresh interval (8K/64ms refresh)
    Serial presence detect with EEPROM
    High Performance Heat Spreader
    PCB : Height 1.180” (30.00mm), double sided component
    PERFORMANCE:
    Clock Cycle Time (tCK) CL=5 2.5ns (min.) / 8ns (max.)
    Row Cycle Time (tRC) 60ns (min.)
    Refresh to Active/Refresh Command Time (tRFC) 127.5ns
    Row Active Time (tRAS) 45ns (min.) / 70,000ns (max.)
    Single Power Supply of +1.8V (+/- .1V)
    Power 1.584 W (operating per module)
    UL Rating 94 V - 0
    Operating Temperature 0o C to 55o C
    Storage Temperature -55o C to +125o C

Here is the rest located in the datasheet for it but im not the smart and havnt a clue what it all means-

DESCRIPTION:
    Kingston's KHX8500AD2K2/4G is a kit of two 256M x 64-bit 2GB (2048MB) DDR2-1066 CL7
    SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) memory modules, based on sixteen 128M x 8-bit DDR2 FBGA
    components per module. Total kit capacity is 4GB (4096MB). Each module pair has been tested to
    run at DDR2- 1066MHz at a latency timing of 7-7-7-20 at +1.85V to +2.0V. The SPD is programmed
    to JEDEC standard latency 800Mhz timing of 6-6-6-18 at +1.8V. Each 240-pin DIMM uses gold
    contact fingers and requires +1.8V. The electrical and mechanical specifications are as follows:
    FEATURES:
    Power supply : Vdd: 1.8V 0.1V, Vddq: 1.8V 0.1V
    Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
    Bidirectional data strobe(DQS)
    Differential clock inputs(CK and CK)
    DLL aligns DQ and DQS transition with CK transition
    Programmable Read latency 6, 5, 4 (clock)
    Burst Length: 4, 8 (Interleave/nibble sequential)
    Programmable Burst type (sequential & interleave)
    Timing Reference: 6-6-6-18 at +1.8V / 7-7-7-20 at +1.85 to +2.0V
    Edge aligned data output, center aligned data input
    Auto & Self refresh, 7.8us refresh interval (8K/64ms refresh)
    Serial presence detect with EEPROM
    High Performance Black Heat Spreaders
    PCB : Height 1.180 (30.00mm), double sided component

PERFORMANCE:
    Clock Cycle Time (tCK) CL=5 2.5ns (min.) / 8ns (max.)
    Row Cycle Time (tRC) 60ns (min.)
    Refresh to Active/Refresh Command Time (tRFC) 127.5ns
    Row Active Time (tRAS) 45ns (min.) / 70,000ns (max.)
    Single Power Supply of +1.8V (+/- .1V)
    Power 1.584 W (operating per module)
    UL Rating 94 V - 0
    Operating Temperature- 0o C to 55o C
    Storage Temperature -55o C to +125o C

Now i place another stick i my pc last night and rebooted the system @ the post screen instaed of showing the 4096 it shows 4193280K

Which means 4gb something...

I managed to take photos of my msinfo32 sector relating to conflicts/sharing

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: [...] ng1go7.png

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: [...] ng2kp9.png

Hope this explains something as i have no idea what im looking for in there.

Even on this link:- http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/foru [...] _12_0.html

These peeps are having the same problem as me , which is weird as gigabyte when i contacted them told me the same info , that the memory works 100% , when actuly the cl dont go to 7 , so how to get it working @ its rated :?

Im at a loss ? you got any ideas vorlanuk?

Im at a loss ? you got any ideas vorlanuk?
    I am too, because I keep requesting that you run memtest.

You can't expect any Operating System to work correctly if there are problems with the memory.

By checking with memtest, it can be established if the board and main hardware is working as it should. If there are errors in memtest, then we can go about resolving those.
    There is no point in looking into a windows memory based problem unless you know your memory is OK and is being seen by the bios and system.

I know you have difficulties, but i can't help you anymore without having some idea as to how your system is working in its most basic setup - which is why I repeatedly ask you to use memtest.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Quote :- You can't expect any Operating System to work correctly if there are problems with the memory.

Right i finished my windows 7 beta download and installed it on a split HD one vista and one windows 7 , when i logged into win7 i went straight to the system device area and checked the pci-bus device , And guess what the error is gone, but how come on a fresh format install of vista the error is there bsoding me like a mofo!

This to me is very strange (yes i ran the memtest burned to disk with poweriso)

Everything came bk (FINE/PASS) , bit strange there site tho as you asked me to download it but didnt say what to do as there was 3 types but i got me dad to help with it, and mym oh my win7 is quick :D,

But atm ima consintrate on the error in win vista as win7 beta runs out august 09 :(

Any ideas?

Back here:-

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...tml#post280667

I suggested this:-

Vista Memory Diagnostics is good, but it's not exactly standalone.

The whole idea of memtest, is it's self bootable and not OS specific. That means you can easily adjust memory settings and then test etc, which is a lot quicker than going through the Vista memory diagnostic procedure.

Also Memtest is a utility that is used often on this forum and its likely that more people could help you if they know the tools you are using.

Seeing you seem to want to skip things I suggest, the only other thing I can suggest re the memory addresses is you:-

1) Uninstall the Forceware graphics driver, Reboot,
    2) Don't let windows try an install a garphics driver for you.
    3) Install the INTEL chipset driver "Inf" , Reboot
    4) Install the latest Forceware graphics driver.

Re memory:

Set the following in MIT section:

1) Performance Enhance = STANDARD
    2) tRFC = 56 (if using more than 2GB)
    3) DDR2 Voltage +0.1 or +0.2 (1.9-2.0 volts)
    ** The reason I suggested the latest forceware driver, is because the address range being excluded could have been something to do with the graphics address range (I'm not 100% sure on this though).

You said:-
    So i installed the gfx drivers from the cd (as they oviously the most stable) and no luck there also.
    Were they Vista Drivers? I ask because unless you purchased a late 8800 320MB, the likely included drivers on the included driver disc would be old, could have issues with some newer hardware, or in the worst case only be for upto Windows XP.

I still assume you are using Vista 32 Basic? is that with SP1?

Now you've tried Windows 7, I can only assume that the beta (and no doubt the final release) will include a lot more up-to-date drivers than Vista does and probably supports a lot without YOU having to add new specific drivers.

The problem you seem to have with windows Vista is something is causing a memory range to not be available, does it do that after a clean install WITHOUT adding any drivers or updates???

On the Memtest subject and why i suggested it; Memtest is always a good software tool to have handy. It doesn't need to run on a seperate OS and is entirely self booting and self executing.
    On say a 3Ghz PC with 4GB of DDR2 it'll take around 40mins to do one pass - which is ideal for a quickish confidence test. It'll check all the memory at the basic level. You can see quickly if all the Ram is recognised and if it's error free.
    This is helpful, because you can establish if the memory sub systems are essentially ok - and if any windows memory problems are likely to be hardware conflicts through incorrect drivers etc.

Also Vista (and i assume windows 7) uses ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomisation), which means programs etc are loaded into a different part of memory everytime you boot. Unlike in the past, Vista can easily find those "Not so perfect" memory addresses, be that through faulty or poorly setup ram. This is why running a tool such as memtest is even more important when using Vista.

Vorlan Just read this:-

This is what i just wrote on tomshardware forum.

Hello All i finaly got a reply from GIGABYTE Surport Team , which has now added my (unknown bug to there system), and gave me a new bio's update that adds stablity to people with my boad using 1066Mhz ram as it unlocks the (cl) also for setting up memory manualy and other items in the bio's.

Here is the Answer:-

"Answer : Please update to the attached BIOS EP3CDS3R.F4x.

The BIOS has added some solution for enhance of 1066 memory compatibility. And Kingston has been stablized within the bios code.

Regards,

GBT TECH"

The bios is for the board called :-

GA-EP35-DS3R REV2.1 F4x (while others atm will be on the current F4a)

Ill link a rapidshare like to this new bio's as im unsure if its on the main site yet for those having my problems or what to make sure there 1066 memory's are running fine.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Well ima go off and test it, and ill let you's know if it works.

Can you add this to the this forums mainpage so if peeps come here with this bug they can fix , thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information