Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-DS3 and HYPERX 6400d2k2/g4 OC problem

Default EP45-DS3 and HYPERX 6400d2k2/g4 OC problem

Hey hi hello, as this is my first post here :D

I've got an issue with my RIG.I got it For christmas, and right now I'd really like to O/C it. It consists of EP45-DS3 mobo, Intel E5200, Kingston HyperX 6400d2k2/g4 and an OCZ 600W PSU (the rest doesn't matter, I think).

This is not my first PC, and I'm not new to O/c, either. Recently I bought a NH-U12P Noctua Air Cooler for my E5200 and because of that I'd like to do a little bit of O/C than I did before (3,06 GHz on E5200 with stock cooler). I entered a little bit higher FSB, pushed the Vcore to 1,38 (as my mobo gives -0,04V the value in BIOS) and... nothing.

I started playing with the settings - tried everything, but nothing worked. Tried an FSB change (tried all 4 options that the FSB multipliers correspond to in the BIOS), bumped the Vram to even 2,1V and still nothing. The DRAMs were in 1 and 3 slots, now they are in 2 and 4 (I thought that might work, but didn't). Of course all that crappy Intel Power Save (M1E, E1ST or whatever it is - both options) are off.

My dream is to achieve something around 3,6-3,8 GHz and I really, REALLY need help :D

Beh0lder

Chucko is offline Member

Default Re: EP45-DS3 and HYPERX 6400d2k2/g4 OC problem

What are your current FSB and memory speeds?

I have not (yet) had much luck getting my EP45-DS3R above 800MHz DRAM clock, even with two different brands of 1066MHz rated RAM. This board doesn't seem to like to go fast with 2GB RAM sticks. I hope to get it sorted out eventually.

For now I suggest you back off to 800MHz or lower, with tighter timings as appropriate, if your FSB isn't above 400 MHz. If it is... I don't have an answer for you yet. Others might.

The max posiible FSB I got with stock timings (will discuss the details later) was 266. Not a single MHz more, even with higher DRAM Voltage. I wondered if I could rise the multiplier of ram to 4 (I'm not ure if it was exactly 4), and received 1066 MHz on DRAM. But guess what, on stock voltage the system didn't boot at all and with 2.1V the system booted, but soon after (big suprise here) he told me to leave him alone with BSOD .

But, what I discovered today, is, that reducing the timings is the "key" to rising the FSB. Currently I've reached full stable 370 FSB, which allows me to get 3,7GHz on CPU and 740 MHz on DRAM (with voltage bigger than normal - 1,9V and timings 6-6-6-18). As said above the system is stable, but I will try if I can overclock the RAM with smaller timings, but to something over 800.

Of course any other suggestions are welcome :)

Bump?

Any1 knows what's wrong?

Chucko is offline Member

I haven't had time to investigate on my own rig, sorry.

Thread Information