Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and power phase LEDs

Default Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and power phase LEDs

Question about the power phase LEDs on this motherboard. They come on when the PC is booting up, one row of green to red LED's, with the whole row fully lit. But as soon as I start booting Windows, they go off and stay off till next reboot. Is this normal behavior for them? Do they not show anything else or is there a bios setting I should change to make them more informative?
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
    And several other rigs...

Default Re: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and power phase LEDs

You need to run the Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver utility and activate the dynamic energy saver functionality. IMHO, it doesn't really add too much, unless you like having the LED's lit, and the energy savings are minimal :-) I'm pretty sure you need to enable all the Cx functions in the BIOS as well. Also, I think it's somewhat unstable. It gave me a BSOD once.

3. Default Re: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and power phase LEDs

That's normal behavior. I think there basically useless.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz
    Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    Corsair 400W PSU

Thread Information