Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3R won't run 2 sticks of ram

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3R won't run 2 sticks of ram

That or just this particular memory is not very compatible, have you read others using it without issues? Just wonder as I have not noticed many lately

jobrien, I replied to your other post with some tips for you I believe

Yes there are others running the same exact ddr2-8800 kit I have with no issues. There are others who had the other GSkill Black PI ddr2-6400 kit I had that can run theirs fine but I can't. I got a pair of the Corsair XMS2 that gigaboy said he put in his and his dual channel issue went away and mine did not work.

At this point, I am going to RMA the motherboard.

I come on here everyday and it seems there is a new thread in regards to the dual channel issue. I really wish Gigabyte would start paying attention.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, sounds like you have tried it all and you may just have a faulty board. It happens sadly.

There is new threads everyday about 100's of topics, what you dont see is the 1000's without issues. There is no dual channel issue with this boards, what you are seeing is incorrect settings in use or incompatibly memory, or just plain faulty boards.

Remember you only see issues presented here, not working board posts.

These boards were just in a HUGE overclocking chamionship and set the world record and broke all previous DDR2 records. So there is not a General issue with the board itself or design of it. Here is those records >>>

Main page for Championship
    GIGABYTE--Challenge Dual Channel DDR2 1508MHz Record--

Records set
    GIGABYTE--Challenge Dual Channel DDR2 1508MHz Record-- World Records

Just chiming in to say i have the exact same problem- I have OCZ reaper ram, and 1 stick works, but 2 sticks results in a reboot loop. At one point, i had 2 sticks working, but in channel B and D (instead of A and C), but any minor change in the bios resulted in another reboot loop. The strange thing is when i did have it at a point where it seemed stable, it would get random 5 to 7 second system lockups- the mouse would feeze and the sound would start to stutter and then back to normal.
    As the original poster has done, i've tried all the suggestions to no avail. I hate this board so much :(

Have you tried other RAM? If Dual Channel did boot for you at some point then it seems that you have another issue. Are you sure both RAM sticks are OK, did you test them individually?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, sounds like you have tried it all and you may just have a faulty board. It happens sadly.

There is new threads everyday about 100's of topics, what you dont see is the 1000's without issues. There is no dual channel issue with this boards, what you are seeing is incorrect settings in use or incompatibly memory, or just plain faulty boards.

Remember you only see issues presented here, not working board posts.

These boards were just in a HUGE overclocking chamionship and set the world record and broke all previous DDR2 records. So there is not a General issue with the board itself or design of it. Here is those records >>>

Main page for Championship
    GIGABYTE--Challenge Dual Channel DDR2 1508MHz Record--

Records set
    GIGABYTE--Challenge Dual Channel DDR2 1508MHz Record-- World Records
    I am well aware of that blah blah blah blah. This is my second board with the same issue....actually ,really my third, as the very first UD3R I ordered was DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Have you tried other RAM? If Dual Channel did boot for you at some point then it seems that you have another issue. Are you sure both RAM sticks are OK, did you test them individually?
    Yes I am sure. I checked all my sticks a long time ago.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

clo007

I have this same problem. I have the r1.1 board. I have 4 sticks of 1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500 2.2V programmed with 5,5,5,15 timing. But I have to start with 1 stick. After booting and saving the bios setting, I shutdown and add another stick. After it reboots a couple of times it comes up ok. The board always ends up using 5,7,7,24 timing as indicated in memset. It will not boot with all my 4 sticks. All 4 sticks pass BIOS memory tests when I boot successfully ( I tested 1 and two sticks at a time, all tested fine). If I shutdown my pc for the night, then I get the same problem all over again. So I've been putting my PC in sleep mode at night.

I bought mine from Newegg a couple of months ago. I really don't want to have to buy another set of memory sticks just to get the same problem again. I think I'm going to RMA this board because I shouldn't have to mess with memory timings just to get this thing to boot.

alex

still running strong.

Ugh, just tried with another set of ram, still no change. This board is a complete let down.

Hey guys, I have just read through this entire thread in search of an answer as i am having the same problem with these boards.
    I got a new system a week ago first getting the UD3R, which was having problems running dual channel, so I RMA'd the board For a UD3P and same problem occured.
    Im running kingston 1333 Ram, i bought 6gb (3x2gb). but it only runs with just 1 stick.
    Guess i was just letting people know that changing the board didnt help.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information