Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3R won't run 2 sticks of ram

Talking Re: EP45-UD3R won't run 2 sticks of ram

Casey had the answer for you, you need to put one stick in boot to windows, then back to bios. Tweak the settings to allow two sticks of ram...remember to save bios settings. Now boot to Windoze, turn off PC. Install your second stick and boot to Windoze. Your second stick of ram should be installed and recognized now. Now go back to the bios and load optimal settings and reboot to windoze and viola ur done.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R P45 775 R (rev: 1.1),
    Intel Core2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.80 GHz (EO),
    4 X 2GB DDR2-1066 G.SKILL PC8500CL5D
    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
    Intel X25-M SATA SSD 80 GB
    LG DVD+R 6X Blu-ray SATA Burner MD-GGW-H2OL
    CREATIVE SB X-Fi XTREME Audio 7.1 PCI-E
    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
    XIGMATEK HDT-S1284EE 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
    ZALMAN ZM-MFC3 Fan controller
    Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition 64-bit

Default Re: EP45-UD3R won't run 2 sticks of ram

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMaster View Post
    Tweak the settings to allow two sticks of ram
    Kinda vague, dontcha think?

I was just trying to give some insight as to what happened to me, in regards to changing RAM, to see if what I did might help you.

This might not work since you said you were having problems from day 1. You can try reflashing the bios and clearing out all previous bios settings using Qflash utility (END key at post) with the bios on a USB drive. While in the Qflash Disable Keep DMI Data, and the other option (can't remember as I am not at home right now, but I think it's load defaults?). Then run the flash. When it's done choose the reboot option and go into the bios and load optimized defaults (set raid options if you are using RAID), save and boot into Windows. Shut down install the other RAM stick and see if it boots up.

I had some problems with my board when I was trying to tweak it and at some point it would not allow me to adjust the FBS over the default. It showed changed in the bios but when I booted, it did not cycle like it normally does where there is and issue, it showed the default FSB on the post screen. Went back into the bios and the M.I.T screen and it showed what I had changed it to with no red warning that it failed. I thought oh great I screwed my board or RAM up. I put in my old RAM and had the same issue so though it was the board. I tried flashing the BIOS with Qflash's default values and the issue did not go away. Disabled the two options in the Qflash utility reflashed and the issue went away, so there was obviously something stuck in the bios config that did not go away after a flashing the bios using Qflash's default settings.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMaster View Post
    Casey had the answer for you, you need to put one stick in boot to windows, then back to bios. Tweak the settings to allow two sticks of ram...remember to save bios settings. Now boot to Windoze, turn off PC. Install your second stick and boot to Windoze. Your second stick of ram should be installed and recognized now. Now go back to the bios and load optimal settings and reboot to windoze and viola ur done.
    For the last time, that does not work. I am on my second EP45-UD3R with the same problem. I have a rev 1.0 and a rev 1.1 board. Same issue on both.

This current board is the rev 1.1 on bios F6 and has only been installed since Saturday on a fresh install of Windows XP and new ram.

Changing settings does not work. changing the FSB lower does not work.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

What are your current bios settings? Dimm voltage? Mch voltage? I had to set my mch to 1.2 to run 2 x 2gb .

I tried variables between 1.2- 1.26 with no success.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

I have the same problem running on a GA-EP45-UD3P, its not your other components or your bios. I bet you can run 2 sticks in the same channel...(single channel) but when you try to stick any ram in the slots farthest away from the cpu it wont boot. Its the same way with mine and lots of others have the same problem but I cant find a fix. I have RMA'd my board once already and it came back with the same problem. I have also tried all kinds of bios settings with voltage none have worked so far.

I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. Maybe gigabyte will pay attention now and look into it.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

I am sorry for being so vague and do apologize. I had the same problem as you did and researched the forums for effective ram settings in the MIT. There is a Gigabyte tech dude who has a checklist who suggests setting, I would e-mail him or request settings. The checklist can be found in about every memory post. Copy and paste it and post your settings and I am sure the tech dude will give you a suggestion. I actually used a prefered setting for a different board that worked for me

I don't OC and when I tweaked my settings to posted specs from the G-Skill I leave well enough alone. If it aint broke don't fix it. Plus with all of the option available in this bios I woulsd never get any on-line gaming done.

Combat arms
    Blackhawk Down's new game 02/23/2009

Good luck and remember this is a great board once you get it running
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R P45 775 R (rev: 1.1),
    Intel Core2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.80 GHz (EO),
    4 X 2GB DDR2-1066 G.SKILL PC8500CL5D
    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
    Intel X25-M SATA SSD 80 GB
    LG DVD+R 6X Blu-ray SATA Burner MD-GGW-H2OL
    CREATIVE SB X-Fi XTREME Audio 7.1 PCI-E
    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
    XIGMATEK HDT-S1284EE 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
    ZALMAN ZM-MFC3 Fan controller
    Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition 64-bit

CoolMaster - could you post your bios settings? I seem to be having similar problems as the rest but I see you're using the same GSkill ram I am, although i'm only using 2x2g.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information