Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

Default Re: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, can you test the CPU fan on another system to see if it actually works, or try moving the fan cable to another connector in case maybe the CPU Fan header is not working.

Clearing the CMOS can help if the system is not posting, please try doing that. Or did you mean you don't understand how to do it? If that's the case let me know what you don't understand and I will clarify
    No, I don't have a way to test the cpu fan on another system. I asked around at work and a friend has a 3 pin -> 4 pin molex connector so I'm going to give that a try tomorrow.

I'm not doubting your CMOS suggestion but at the moment the CPU fan isn't moving, I think I have bigger problems ;)

My thought process is:

Try the 3 pin -> 4 pin Molex to see if the fan even moves. If it does I suspect the motherboard is then bad? I guess at this point I'll look into a new mobo+cpu combo as I can't justify buying another chip for a mobo I think might be defective.

I'll let you know when I try the new connector.

Thanks again for your insight!

Edit: Got home and looked, the cpu fan is actually a 4 pin connector, not 3. Sigh. Guess I'll search around for another 4 pin cpu fan to somehow test this issue. I'm close to buying a new mobo/cpu, which is a shame, as this was been a wonderful system.
    Last edited by Logistic; 05-28-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

So you don't have any running computer, desktop I mean? You could test this fan on any desktop board with a fan header

CPU Fan not moving could just be because the board is not posting, which could be caused by any # of things that clearing the CMOS could fix, you should try this ASAP.

Are you sure the PSU works? If you are not you can jump start it and find out, google jump start PSU and you will find your way.

4 pin fan can go on a 3 pin header, and visa versa, just FYI.

No need to buy both a new board and CPU, I'd start by RMA'n the CPU, then if the new one fails to start the system RMA the board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information