Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

Default Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

Hey guys,

I'm building a new PC and ran into a problem last night.

When trying to connect the ATX 12V 8-pin connector on the GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard to the 12V, 2x4 plug from the Corsair TX750W PSU, the pins don't align. Basically, the shape of the pins are different, so I cannot connect them properly.

Has anyone else built a PC with these 2 components? Isn't the ATX 12V 2x4 connector standard? I've read that most motherboards have either a 4-pin or 8-pin connector, but these 2 products don't seem to be compatible. I'm concerned that I'll need to get a new PSU.

Any assistance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Mel
    Last edited by mmorganti; 01-25-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Default Re: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

If you can, post pics. But it should fit fine, are you sure it's not the PCIe 8pin you are trying?

Some PSUs have an extra set of beveled pins on them where sauares would normally be, but that's fine since they go right into the square holes on the motherboard connector.

Default Re: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

It sounds like you are trying to put the 2+6 pin of the PCI-express cable into the 8 pin for the mobo.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

Quote Originally Posted by mmorganti View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm building a new PC and ran into a problem last night.

When trying to connect the ATX 12V 8-pin connector on the GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard to the 12V, 2x4 plug from the Corsair TX750W PSU, the pins don't align. Basically, the shape of the pins are different, so I cannot connect them properly.

Has anyone else built a PC with these 2 components? Isn't the ATX 12V 2x4 connector standard? I've read that most motherboards have either a 4-pin or 8-pin connector, but these 2 products don't seem to be compatible. I'm concerned that I'll need to get a new PSU.

Any assistance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Mel
    maybe this old thread help you link at

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45-ud3r-power-29116/

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...4-8-pin-29274/

pg
    Last edited by powergiga; 01-26-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: edited
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600

I have this same motherboard and a Corsair TX650W PSU. They are compatible. There is some confusion though. The 8 pin connector on the PSU is actually split in half. The PSU has 2 x 4-pin connectors which is done for greater flexibility with some motherboards. If you align the two 4-pin connectors, you get one big 8-pin connection. It can only fit into the motherboard one way so do not be scared.

All the other PSU connectors are labeled. The two 4-pin connections are the only un-labeled connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    You have Rev 1.1 of this mb and using BIOS F4. Why F4 since 6 is out?

Just RMA'd this board and it was Rev 1.0. Seems the mb may not have been the problem but it strongly looks like the Sansa Fuze is an issue. Yes! I haven't test it in Windows yet but this mb does not boot up friendly at all when the fuze sits in it's dock and is connected. Ugh!!

Unhappy Re: Is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo and Corsair TX750W PSU compatible?

Sorry I brought this thread back from the dead - thanks google!

I recently bought this power supply to replace, what I thought, was a dead power supply.

I've hooked the 8 pin (EPS12V) connector into the slot but and the pc starts to boot but I noticed the cpu fan doesn't start (stock cooler).

Have I connected something incorrectly or is my cooler probably bad?

I probably shouldn't continue to mess with this as it will probably burn up my cpu correct? :( I guess I can throw money at a new cooler and then hope that the cpu hasn't burned up...

I bought the power supply because I came back to the pc after a few hours and it was turned off. Power button didn't work at all. PC has ran perfectly fine for 1 year. Thanks in advance! -Log

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you also connect the 24 pin cable to the motherboard? Sorry, have to ask :)

You may need to clear your CMOS, use the method I posted here in post #2
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

It died on you right, with an older PSU? Have you tested your parts in another system yet since then?

I ask because sometimes if a PSU Dies it can take other hardware with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you also connect the 24 pin cable to the motherboard? Sorry, have to ask :)

You may need to clear your CMOS, use the method I posted here in post #2
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

It died on you right, with an older PSU? Have you tested your parts in another system yet since then?

I ask because sometimes if a PSU Dies it can take other hardware with it
    Valid question :) Yes, I plugged in the 24 pin cable to the motherboard. Everything appears fine: 2 case fans start, hard drive starts to spin, mobo lights up, video card fan starts. The cpu fan just never starts...

I've never removed the stock cooler, nor the cord to the mobo, since the initial build. I've triple checked all wiring and I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to test any of these other components - I hope it's just the cooler though I guess I have no way to tell if the cpu has been burned up or not.

What would you suggest here? Buy an aftermarket cooler and hope that's the problem?

After that I believe I'd have to lean towards the mobo/cpu, which I didn't exactly want to replace. This pc was literally 1 year old 3 days ago - never had 1 problem ever. :(

Edit: I don't quite understand the CMOS clear suggestion. The pc isn't POSTing but I belive that's because the cpu isn't being powered/recognized.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and help if possible.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, can you test the CPU fan on another system to see if it actually works, or try moving the fan cable to another connector in case maybe the CPU Fan header is not working.

Clearing the CMOS can help if the system is not posting, please try doing that. Or did you mean you don't understand how to do it? If that's the case let me know what you don't understand and I will clarify

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information