Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

Quote Originally Posted by billko View Post
    Good luck, Biz! I enjoy helping people if I can. (Or in this case, *trying* to help.)

Take care,

Bill
    Well maybe you can help, or hopefully someone can make something of this. I was looking at my graphics subsystem diagnostic report in rivatuner and it says my 9800GT Superclocked bios is a Geforce 8800GT VGA Bios....is that right? D:

I typed it in google and all i read was some kid selling a 8800GT flashed with a 9800GT Superclocked bios, whichs makes me wonder

Any help fast on this would be great, I actually just got the RMA slip today from newegg so if I can cancle that it would be great!

This is my report:
    Something's wrong here! Oh, it should also say you have DDR3 memory! The easiest way to tell if the card you have is the one you ordered is to check the sticker on the back of the video card and see if it matches the serial number on the box. The sticker is made so it can't be taken off without damaging it. Also, carefully check the pictures on newegg - particularly the ones of the backside of the card. If your card doesn't look EXACTLY like the one it's supposed to, it's the wrong card.

If you got it from newegg, I can't understand why it would be the wrong card. I've not heard fo them ever selling a used item as new. I can't vouch for their "re-certified" or "open-box" deals, though.

I hope this helps!

Bill
    Last edited by billko; 01-30-2009 at 12:14 AM.

It says DDR3 in the area above it, I was looking on a website that has bios downloads for VGA cards and there is no bios for an EVGA 9800GT Superclocked...... The closest thing is an 8800GT VGA Bios with my frequencies but is older then the one I have now.

sigh

I'd check serial numbers and the pictures just to make sure. If you have a match and it's a new card, I'd say you have a case for a return! Be adamant about it, too. Show you've done your research; that the card is indeed a 9800GT SSC and there's no such thing as an 8800GT with that BIOS revision. Be willing to accept that the best they might be able to do is re-flash the BIOS and make sure it's working correctly. The other outcome might be that they test the card and it works properly, which then brings us back to the motherboard...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information