Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    So, I have done EVERYTHING possible to diagnose a GFX card problem I am having here is a link to another forum i've been posting at.

    9800GT on the fritz or something else?
    it will save a lot of "have you done this" in the long run. Only 9 posts, last and first will give you most info.


    So as you can see if you read the forum my graphics card likes to glitch out and ask for 720mb of ram when it only has 512mb. Yea I know, you say "well your card is bad." I can play crysis for 3-4 hours and I frap'd my gameplay for 10-15 minutes without a glitch. Race Driver GRID crashes on the main screen and GTA IV will do the same, its not a card stress issue. Maybe a memory module on the card, but I'm hoping if I can get the F4 update to work for my motherboard maybe it will fix the ram issue.

    I've tried and I get checksum errors, have to reset the cmos and reflash back to the old version F1. Do I need all the F2 F3 in between? D:! I know all of this is risky and blah blah but I'd love to fix this problem without an RMA! Not too stubborn!
    Last edited by bizland; 01-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    F1 installed right now looking to install F4

    Any help has to why the BIOS update for my specified mobo is not working or something I may be overlooking would be greatly appreciated. Boot > del > bios > F8(motherboard says "END" is an option but wont go to Qflash from post,only bios) Qflash finds the F4 BIOS update. Install goes smooth and reboot(yes I enter BIOS and load opt.set.) results in the Checksum error and ........... then it says its retrieving info from somewhere but goes into a boot loop. =\

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Quote Originally Posted by bizland View Post
    F1 installed right now looking to install F4

    Any help has to why the BIOS update for my specified mobo is not working or something I may be overlooking would be greatly appreciated. Boot > del > bios > F8(motherboard says "END" is an option but wont go to Qflash from post,only bios) Qflash finds the F4 BIOS update. Install goes smooth and reboot(yes I enter BIOS and load opt.set.) results in the Checksum error and ........... then it says its retrieving info from somewhere but goes into a boot loop. =\
    Checksum error, huh? Did you try re-downloading the BIOS you want to put on there?

    A checksum is a value calculated by running some algorithm on the bits in the file. This value is recorded in the BIOS image to be written to the BIOS. When the PC is booted, it performs the same calculation and if the answer is different, that means the BIOS has somehow become corrupt. Sometimes this is because the file itself was corrupt, or because the BIOS memory is damaged. It could also mean that there was just some sort of error programming the BIOS chip, but since you've done it a few times, the first two possibilities are more likely.

    Did you try flashing to the original BIOS? Is there a specific reason you are flashing the BIOS? I absolutely hate flashing a BIOS unless it fixes a problem I am experiencing. Too many things to go wrong. The risk-to-reward ratio just isn't there for "casual" flashing.

    Bill

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Quote Originally Posted by billko View Post
    Checksum error, huh? Did you try re-downloading the BIOS you want to put on there?

    A checksum is a value calculated by running some algorithm on the bits in the file. This value is recorded in the BIOS image to be written to the BIOS. When the PC is booted, it performs the same calculation and if the answer is different, that means the BIOS has somehow become corrupt. Sometimes this is because the file itself was corrupt, or because the BIOS memory is damaged. It could also mean that there was just some sort of error programming the BIOS chip, but since you've done it a few times, the first two possibilities are more likely.

    Did you try flashing to the original BIOS? Is there a specific reason you are flashing the BIOS? I absolutely hate flashing a BIOS unless it fixes a problem I am experiencing. Too many things to go wrong. The risk-to-reward ratio just isn't there for "casual" flashing.

    Bill
    Casual not soo much, this is to hopefully fix an issue in some games that drivers old and new, changing out ram sticks and trying a different graphic card hasnt fixed it. Well, trying a different graphics card worked, but my 9800GT graphics card still "WORKS" for games such as crysis and counter-strike, crashes on GRID and GTA IV. There is a memory issue here with either the GFX card or the bios. Thats all I can think of, what else would tell my graphics card to pull 720mb of ram under from Video Memory when i only have 512? Im pretty close to RMA'n the card oh wellz.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    So I went into the BIOS today and it told me in a nice big red box in the beginning that overclocking and or voltage clocking has caused the errors. I haven't done any overclocking what so ever.... the bios also said something about retrieving from HPA when it had the checksum error. After that it just hangs and reboots, i can still enter bios from this part though. My computer finds the update, and successfully installs but it just doesnt take right.

    Is the update changing some of my voltages or not liking some of them?

    btw this is the computer I'm having problems with, so even after these errors I can flash the original F1 version and still boot. I'm not shy about trying this again, I know its risky and I'm an idiot, but there is no reason the update made for my mobo shouldnt be working, and yes I am having errors and no this is not a "casual flash." Thanks for all the help :D!
    Last edited by bizland; 01-27-2009 at 02:29 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Quote Originally Posted by bizland View Post
    So I went into the BIOS today and it told me in a nice big red box in the beginning that overclocking and or voltage clocking has caused the errors. I haven't done any overclocking what so ever.... the bios also said something about retrieving from HPA when it had the checksum error. After that it just hangs and reboots, i can still enter bios from this part though. My computer finds the update, and successfully installs but it just doesnt take right.

    Is the update changing some of my voltages or not liking some of them?

    btw this is the computer I'm having problems with, so even after these errors I can flash the original F1 version and still boot. I'm not shy about trying this again, I know its risky and I'm an idiot, but there is no reason the update made for my mobo shouldnt be working, and yes I am having errors and no this is not a "casual flash." Thanks for all the help :D!
    No, I don't think you're an idiot; it seems to be a pretty legit reason to be flashing the BIOS. :)

    You mentioned that you can revert to the original BIOS, so I don't think it's faulty BIOS CMOS. Have you tried re-downloading the BIOS update? Or maybe (if you're using a floppy drive) the disk is bad? Have you tried enabling legacy USB devices and loading the BIOS update from a thumb drive/memory card? Also, as a precaution, you might want to double check that it was the right file that you downloaded. I've done dumber things than that (and I'm not particularly proud of them, either!).

    I really hope we can figure this out for you!

    Bill

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Alright time for another flash

    this is the file im downloading

    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45T-UD3P (rev. 1.0)

    and here is what im running - btw thanks for all the responses billko, greatly appreciated.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Quote Originally Posted by bizland View Post
    Alright time for another flash

    this is the file im downloading

    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45T-UD3P (rev. 1.0)

    and here is what im running - btw thanks for all the responses billko, greatly appreciated.
    Looks good, I'll be crossing my fingers. I'm hoping the first file was corrupt somehow and this download fixes it!

    Bill

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    No go D: Even uplugged the hard drives. Likes to give me a Retrieving HPA error after flash. RMA'ing the card, it has to be a bad memory module, this 8600GT ran GRID and suspended while grid was running overnight and still came to after I woke up this morning. Thanks for all the help!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P not liking update

    Quote Originally Posted by bizland View Post
    No go D: Even uplugged the hard drives. Likes to give me a Retrieving HPA error after flash. RMA'ing the card, it has to be a bad memory module, this 8600GT ran GRID and suspended while grid was running overnight and still came to after I woke up this morning. Thanks for all the help!
    Good luck, Biz! I enjoy helping people if I can. (Or in this case, *trying* to help.)

    Take care,

    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •