Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga-ep45-ud3p + ocz 16gb ram

Default Re: Ga-ep45-ud3p + ocz 16gb ram

OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold 16GB Quad Kit
    this ram is only specified to 1.8V

does memtest confirm the ram's listed speed and timings, 800MHz 5,5,5,18?

edit: ALL juiced up and cant get off the laptop....gooooooooooooooogle!

max memory the 82P45 MCH can address is 16GB http://compare.intel.com/pcc/showcha...&culture=en-US

max MCH supply core voltage is 1.21V see page 553 http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/319970.pdf
    Last edited by heavyengineering; 01-31-2009 at 05:39 PM.

heavyengineering, the max amount of addressable RAM for the P45 is actually a whopping 64GB! Unfortunately 8GB/16GB DIMMS are very hard to come by, even then they cost thousands of dollars!

check the link, 16 MB is what intel says. im not computer savy enough to say otherwise

The P45 chipset can address upto 64GB!

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/319970.pdf
    Page 30

Page 31 - 1.2.2 System Memory Interface
    Using 2 Gb device technologies, the largest memory capacity possible is 16 GB,
    assuming Dual Channel Mode with four x8 double sided un-buffered non-ECC or
    ECC DIMM memory configurations.
    NOTE: The ability to support greater than the largest memory capacity is subject to
    availability of higher density memory devices.
    Page 53 - 3 System Address Map

Page 55 - Figure 4. System Address Ranges

Page 92 - 5.1.13 MCHBAR—(G)MCH Memory Mapped Register Range Base

Just a few example.

EDIT: I think you mean 16GB & not 16MB; right?

No matter how many different module configurations I use [moving the modules to different slots] the errors show up in almost exactly the same place, differing only by 4MB or 0.1MB. Even then its only 3 specific addresses in RAM that seem to repeat, after I have moved the modules to different slots.

These errors are just 1 wrong byte in a 8 byte data set, they also occur in exactly the same place, the 2nd byte [from the left]. Ex. fbffffff being returned instead of ffffffff, every single time it is the 2nd byte!

No amounts of fiddling [increasing/decreasing] CPU, MCH, or RAM frequency, clock skew, timing, voltage ever seem to get rid of this error.

So when can we expect proper support for 16GB RAM in 4 x 4GB config in the BIOS? Hopefully F8; tried F8a [beta!!], F7, F6 and all had the same problem!

According to Gigabyte's specs for this board, it can only support 16GB of RAM.

1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
    2. Dual channel memory architecture
    3. Support for DDR2 1366+*/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...e=GA-EP45-UD3P

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    According to Gigabyte's specs for this board, it can only support 16GB of RAM.

1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
    2. Dual channel memory architecture
    3. Support for DDR2 1366+*/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.0)
    I am confused! Why did you quote the product spec.? What are you trying to convey?

Anyway, back to my original question:
    Quote Originally Posted by asahito View Post
    No matter how many different module configurations I use [moving the modules to different slots] the errors show up in almost exactly the same place, differing only by 4MB or 0.1MB. Even then its only 3 specific addresses in RAM that seem to repeat, after I have moved the modules to different slots.

These errors are just 1 wrong byte in a 8 byte data set, they also occur in exactly the same place, the 2nd byte [from the left]. Ex. fbffffff being returned instead of ffffffff, every single time it is the 2nd byte!

No amounts of fiddling [increasing/decreasing] CPU, MCH, or RAM frequency, clock skew, timing, voltage ever seem to get rid of this error.

So when can we expect proper support for 16GB RAM in 4 x 4GB config in the BIOS? Hopefully F8; tried F8a [beta!!], F7, F6 and all had the same problem!

Why didn't you do the research before you purchased all the parts? It seems like you're working backwards.

Did you load the OS yet? Are you having trouble with the memory? Check one stick of memory at a time. What is the problem other than the demanding attitude?

First get your board to run stable in the default mode. Just install your parts, turn on the machine and see if the board posts. If it does, install an OS. If that looks good, install your drivers. Start at square one.
    Last edited by ill; 02-03-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    Why didn't you do the research before you purchased all the parts? It seems like you're working backwards.

Did you load the OS yet? Are you having trouble with the memory? Check one stick of memory at a time. What is the problem other than the demanding attitude?
    Did you even read any of my posts on this thread? Did you even read the first post? Might I suggest reading all the posts before you post your snobby un-informed post on that thread; so as to you not look as un-informed as your post suggest.

EDIT: oh and about the "demand" thing; as I bought the product with my money, I can "demand" that it works as advertised.
    Last edited by asahito; 02-03-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Yeah your second post was a complaint because no one came to your aid immediately.

Did you check each stick, using Memtest, separately?
    Last edited by ill; 02-03-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information