Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?




  1. #1

    Default GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Hi new member here. Im having problems with the above mentioned mobo, and this seems like the place to go for help with it.

    I cant run my memory in dual channel. For some reason channels 1,2 will work be it one stick or two, but channels 3,4 wont work with even one stick. If I try booting up with memory in channels 3 or 4 I will get the constant booting up loop. Does this sound like a faulty board ? Or am I missing something? I have RMA'd once to newegg already got the board back and having the same problems. It wouldnt work with my 2x2gb G.skill kit, so I bought this OCZ Reaper HPC kit and it wont work with this either. I know the ram is good it was working fine in my DFI board last night. Please if anyone can help me you guys can!!
    Thanks in advance.
    Q9650
    2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 2.1v
    GA-EP45-UD3P/DFI LP DK t2rsb+ x48
    HIS 4870x2
    Xfi Fatality
    Corsair HX1000w
    Vista Ult. 64bit
    Samsung 245bw
    Sony Optiarc Bluray

  2. #2

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkinpuncher View Post
    Hi new member here. Im having problems with the above mentioned mobo, and this seems like the place to go for help with it.

    I cant run my memory in dual channel. For some reason channels 1,2 will work be it one stick or two, but channels 3,4 wont work with even one stick. If I try booting up with memory in channels 3 or 4 I will get the constant booting up loop. Does this sound like a faulty board ? Or am I missing something? I have RMA'd once to newegg already got the board back and having the same problems. It wouldnt work with my 2x2gb G.skill kit, so I bought this OCZ Reaper HPC kit and it wont work with this either, please if anyone can help me you guys can!!
    Thanks in advance.
    try clear cmos for few mins.

    pop ram on slot 1 and slot 3 with yellow slots, the red slot are 2,4.

    BTW, what rev board do you have ? 1.0 or 1.1 ?

    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  3. #3

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    try clear cmos for few mins.

    pop ram on slot 1 and slot 3 with yellow slots, the red slot are 2,4.

    BTW, what rev board do you have ? 1.0 or 1.1 ?

    pg
    Thanks for the reply.

    I have tried clearing cmos, hasnt worked. My board is revision 1.0
    Q9650
    2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 2.1v
    GA-EP45-UD3P/DFI LP DK t2rsb+ x48
    HIS 4870x2
    Xfi Fatality
    Corsair HX1000w
    Vista Ult. 64bit
    Samsung 245bw
    Sony Optiarc Bluray

  4. #4

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkinpuncher View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    I have tried clearing cmos, hasnt worked. My board is revision 1.0
    If no help after you tried evereything, I guess 1.0 is faulty and time for RMA to get 1.1

    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  5. #5

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    If no help after you tried evereything, I guess 1.0 is faulty and time for RMA to get 1.1

    pg
    Yeah im thinking about RMA'ing (again) for some reason I think newegg just sent me my defective board back.

    Im getting a bit fed up with this board though...Can anyone recommend another good p45 chipset? Good at OC'ing 45nm quads would be great.
    Thanks for the help PG.
    Q9650
    2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 2.1v
    GA-EP45-UD3P/DFI LP DK t2rsb+ x48
    HIS 4870x2
    Xfi Fatality
    Corsair HX1000w
    Vista Ult. 64bit
    Samsung 245bw
    Sony Optiarc Bluray

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    If you haven't RMA'd as yet, try:-

    1) Performance Enhance = Standard
    2) tRFC = 60
    3) DDR2 Voltage = 2.1volts (thats if its warrantied that high)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

  7. #7

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Faulty channels?

    Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    If you haven't RMA'd as yet, try:-

    1) Performance Enhance = Standard
    2) tRFC = 60
    3) DDR2 Voltage = 2.1volts (thats if its warrantied that high)
    Ok ill try the tRFC =60, its default at 72.
    My stock volts for the ram are 2.2 and thats what its at so that should be good.

    Thanks for the input. Havent RMA'd yet

    Edit: tRFC 60 didint work =(
    Last edited by Munchkinpuncher; 01-29-2009 at 09:43 AM.
    Q9650
    2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 2.1v
    GA-EP45-UD3P/DFI LP DK t2rsb+ x48
    HIS 4870x2
    Xfi Fatality
    Corsair HX1000w
    Vista Ult. 64bit
    Samsung 245bw
    Sony Optiarc Bluray

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •