Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAID problems for UD3P

Default RAID problems for UD3P

My first build went well but my RAID efforts aren't working.

The important stuff:
    MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P P45
    Hard Drives: WD800JS x 2
    CPU: E6750
    RAM: 2 GB Corsair
    CD: Old IDE drive

1) I set the bios to RAID
    2) Cntrl-I - and set up the RAID for the two drives
    3) Load the pre-install drivers onto a floppy disc (on another computer)
    4) Do XP install. Hit F6 and follow the prompts. Seems ok...

XP process formats the drives and is set to start installing...
    "Setup cannot copy the file: iaStor.sys"

I've tried the drivers that came with the MoBo. I tried the newest drivers off the Gigabyte website. Same result.

The drives work, as I fired up an XP install on 1 drive when I first set up the system just to watch the pretty lights glow :)

Extremely frustrated with RAID. I set the whole computer up in a day, and I've spent 2 evenings on this stupid RAID problem. Argh!!

Default Re: RAID problems for UD3P

Did you remove the floppy after the F6? Try leaving it in until it says to remove.

make sure also that you get the XP boot drivers from gigabyte's site, not the full version or the 64 bit version.

Also make sure you select the correct driver, its ICH8r/9r/10r DO raid controller or something like this. Vista will select the right one but XP you have to make sure you pick the correct one. Basically its the one that has ICH10R DO Raid

I just did this on XP and works fine w/ my dualboot xp/vista setup
    Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 01-29-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Thanks pbcopter and SpeedEuphoria.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this will resolve my situation.

I did leave the floppy in after F6. And I did get the 32-bit boot drivers from the gigabyte site (the full version is post-install and would not fit on a floppy).

I'm going to try using a legit retail XP Pro disk tonight. I'll see if that makes a difference. I'd still appreciate any other thoughts.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aloosemoose View Post
    I did leave the floppy in after F6.
    Yes you leave it in after F6, but before it reboots for the 1st time durring the install it says to remove any floppy disk in drive A. I think that this is only if you have your bios setup with the floppy drive as the 1st boot device, but I am not positive as I remove mine anyway.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help. I got a copy of Vista, and voila! it worked perfectly. I guess it was my XP copy that was to blame.

Cheers,

Chris

Yeah Vista is easy, just put them on a USB stick.

Glad you got it working, now try Intell Storage manager to check and tweak things

Thread Information