Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Warning to ALL SEAGATE Hard Drive Users (Firmware Bug Bricks Drives on Reboot)

Exclamation Warning to ALL SEAGATE Hard Drive Users (Firmware Bug Bricks Drives on Reboot)

I just had my 3 month old seagate barracuda 7200.11 brick. Bios won't recognize the drive on reboot and that led me to much research and finally found there is a massive problem with many drives manufactured before Decemeber 2008.

Seagate fixes 7200.11 drives--except when it doesn't | Crave - CNET

Seagate offers fix, free data recovery for bricked Barracudas - The Tech Report

"Seagate recommends that users with 1.5TB, 750GB, 640GB, 500GB, 320GB, and 160GB Barracuda 7200.11 drives, along with some Maxtor and ES.2 models, all install the firmware update."

But many users have already been hit mind you...

Default Re: Warning to ALL SEAGATE Hard Drive Users (Firmware Bug Bricks Drives on Reboot)

Why I am not surprised with this post? Used two ST3250410AS in Raid0 and got one HD fail a week until changed to Samsung, two months ago. These cured all my HD problems.
    The strange thing is that the ones I have are 7200.10 series with firmware 3.AAC
    Anyway, never more Seagate drives in my place. Still have these two bricks around, if anyone is interested in a expensive paper weight...
    Last edited by svcglobal; 01-30-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Thread Information