Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCI-E x16 @ x1 ?!?!

Default Re: PCI-E x16 @ x1 ?!?!

try cleaning the run of contacts along the graphics card with some meths on a rag leave it for 5mins for any residual to evaporate then plug it back in
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having this problem still. Real pain in the ass! Tried everything I can but the card is running at x2 speed according to GPU-Z instead of X16. I have a Shuttle SX38P2... the contacts all look clean. Performance is definately poor to what it should be.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you test your card in another system to be sure it is not the card?

Other things to try would be older or newer GFX Drivers, and the latest BIOS for your board

Believe me i've tried everything, no joy. EVERYTHING lol. I'm waiting on my bro to wake up so I can use his system to try the card out, or my friends coming over with his tower later to try it in there so playing a waiting game. Although I really think my shuttle has bit the dust.

Could be, did you update the BIOS? If you did or not, does it happen if you load optimized defaults in the BIOS (Or whatever optimal or default settings is called)?

I did try the latest bios but it made no difference and for some reason couldn't oc as much as the one I had running so i reverted. I did try optimized defaults etc but there really isn't any settings in the bios to be messed with other than the pci freqeuncy which despite really not wanting to I increase to 102mhz from the normal 100mhz. However this made no changes, tried multiple fresh boots. Driver sweeper. Different drivers. I'm on windows seven 64bit but tried it on 32bit xp... making me think its definately a hardware fault on either my pci-e slot which is 2.0 or should be, or the card just being faulty.

I suspect the card, can you test it in another system?

If you do test it in another system and it is ok, can you test on a dual setup or clean install on your system to be sure nothing on the software side of things is causing it?

I Have the exact same problem with my GT 430 on my P41 mobo , and the sound Issue too , luckily i bought it recently so I was going to use the warranty and get another one. but i hope i can fix it b4 i get it changed . this thread is a long time ago . so i hope u solved this problem , and would appreciate a good solution . ty

Chike is offline Senior Member

@AmrHero

AFAIK the G41 chipset only supports PCI-E 1.1 so there may be incompatibility there even though the card supposed to be backward compatible.
    Which P1 board do you have and what is the BIOS version?

It is an MSI P41-C31 , the card was running perfectly b4 it drops to x1 GPU-z , GPU meter gadget and CPU-Z , all say it is running at x1 , I put my old card in a 8400SE and it was fine running at x16 normally , when i put back the GT 430 , still the same problem , i dont know about the BIOS of my P41 , but i loaded the default setting thing , still nothing . Any Ideas?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information