Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [EX58-UD5] Any successful Windows 7 install ?

Default [EX58-UD5] Any successful Windows 7 install ?

Hi,

I have a fully working Vista 64 on my EX58-UD5.

Setup is RAID0 on Intel ICH10 + several other single drives attached.

One external drive connected by e-Sata and my optical drive connected to internal standard Sata, both on JMB36X ports (Gigabyte's ones)

Graphic card is a Gigabyte 4870HD on PCIE.

No other big change, no overclock, nothing special really.

When I installed Vista, everything went just fine from dvd boot to desktop first init.

But when I try to install Windows 7 beta 7000, it doesn't work :-(

I know it isn't a wrong-burn since I could install it both on VMWare and VirtualBox by using that same DVD (actual disk, not the image of it)

But when I boot directly from it, I get the text messages, I get the "Windows is loading files" progress bar, I even get to the graphical-UI with mouse cursor...but then it hangs : I just have the cursor, I can move the mouse fine, but no window appears, nothing happens on my hdd-leds and after a few minutes: blue screen (without any ".sys" or ".dll" message, just a number...)

I suspect the JMicron controller, but before trying to switch my drives from one to the other (Intel) I'd like to know if any of UD5 owners could successfully install Windows 7 "out of the box" ?

Thx !!!

Default Re: [EX58-UD5] Any successful Windows 7 install ?

no probs installing win7 here, but i'm not using raid
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

I'm on raid0 and its fast as hell. No problems during install

maybe a bad iso or a scratched disk?
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    i7 920 @ ???
    GTX260 @ ???
    6Gb Corsair XMS3@1600Mhz
    Samsung 2x250gb
    WD 1Tb
    LaCie USB2 500Gb
    Corsair 850W 12V 70Amp single rail

4. Default Re: [EX58-UD5] Any successful Windows 7 install ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodoleveq View Post
    Hi,
    I have a fully working Vista 64 on my EX58-UD5.
    Setup is RAID0 on Intel ICH10 + several other single drives attached.
    One external drive connected by e-Sata and my optical drive connected to internal standard Sata, both on JMB36X ports (Gigabyte's ones)
    Graphic card is a Gigabyte 4870HD on PCIE.
    No other big change, no overclock, nothing special really.
    When I installed Vista, everything went just fine from dvd boot to desktop first init.
    But when I try to install Windows 7 beta 7000, it doesn't work :-(
    I know it isn't a wrong-burn since I could install it both on VMWare and VirtualBox by using that same DVD (actual disk, not the image of it)
    But when I boot directly from it, I get the text messages, I get the "Windows is loading files" progress bar, I even get to the graphical-UI with mouse cursor...but then it hangs : I just have the cursor, I can move the mouse fine, but no window appears, nothing happens on my hdd-leds and after a few minutes: blue screen (without any ".sys" or ".dll" message, just a number...)
    I suspect the JMicron controller, but before trying to switch my drives from one to the other (Intel) I'd like to know if any of UD5 owners could successfully install Windows 7 "out of the box" ?
    Thx !!!
    Have you set the SATA support and enabled the RAID configurations @ mobo BIOS? It should be set to AHCI (refer to Advanced Host Controller Interface specification for Serial ATA)

Also, ATI/AMD recommends to "Choose Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in the Advanced Boot Options menu" (refer to Catalyst™ Windows 7 Release Note Driver Package).

Hope it helps.

Johnny Rook
    Last edited by Johnny Rook; 01-31-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    System Components: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4,0Ghz; Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (X58-EXTREME F12 BIOS); Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC Edition; Western Digital Blue 500GB; Seagate 7200.12 1000MB; 6GB Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3; DVD-RW LG; Corsair TX750W
    Watercooling System: EK-Supreme Skt 1366 WaterBlock + EK backplate Skt 1366; Kit EK-FB GAX58 WaterBlocks; Aqua-Computer AquagratiX 5970 WaterBlock; 360mm Thermaltake radiator; 360mm BI Stealth X-Flow radiator; Laing MCP355 pump; EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Plexi
    Danger Den Plexi E/S 1/2" reservoir; 4x A.C. Ryan UV 120mm; 3x Tacens Ventus PRO ICE 120mm; 2x NoiseBlocker Black Silent XE2 92mm; Liquid Cooling FESER Black; FESER tubing 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD; Enzotech Compression Fittings G 1/4

Hi, thx for ur replies.

I may give a try to the "disable driver signature" bootup option.

But my main problem before is that I can't even run a proper install :-(

My BIOS option isn't set to AHCI but RAID, and from previous messages, doesn't seem to be an issue anyway.

I'll try to move my SATA DVD plug from Jmicron to Intel, that may be the issue...

It might be that you are using both controllers, I have my DVD and hard drives to the intel controller
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    i7 920 @ ???
    GTX260 @ ???
    6Gb Corsair XMS3@1600Mhz
    Samsung 2x250gb
    WD 1Tb
    LaCie USB2 500Gb
    Corsair 850W 12V 70Amp single rail

7. Default Re: [EX58-UD5] Any successful Windows 7 install ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodoleveq View Post
    My BIOS option isn't set to AHCI but RAID, and from previous messages, doesn't seem to be an issue anyway.
    Ok. RAID is enabled but, I was referring to the "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode. Default sets "IDE" but, you should set it to "AHCI" (refer to User's Manual, pg.61)

Johnny
    System Components: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4,0Ghz; Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (X58-EXTREME F12 BIOS); Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC Edition; Western Digital Blue 500GB; Seagate 7200.12 1000MB; 6GB Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3; DVD-RW LG; Corsair TX750W
    Watercooling System: EK-Supreme Skt 1366 WaterBlock + EK backplate Skt 1366; Kit EK-FB GAX58 WaterBlocks; Aqua-Computer AquagratiX 5970 WaterBlock; 360mm Thermaltake radiator; 360mm BI Stealth X-Flow radiator; Laing MCP355 pump; EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Plexi
    Danger Den Plexi E/S 1/2" reservoir; 4x A.C. Ryan UV 120mm; 3x Tacens Ventus PRO ICE 120mm; 2x NoiseBlocker Black Silent XE2 92mm; Liquid Cooling FESER Black; FESER tubing 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD; Enzotech Compression Fittings G 1/4

Yeah all of my devices are AHCI.

Actually I found the solution and I'm writing from win7 now : my DVD was on the JMicron controller. I unplugged it, plugged it back thanks to a sata-usb adapter and everything went smooth.

After install, reboot and so on, JMB36X driver install and I can plug it back in the Gigabyte plug : everything's ok.

Just the install fail when using an optical drive on the Jmicron :(

Had a problem and a found a solution:

Prob:
    Would freeze upon initial load of windows 7 after install. The starting windows logo would appear, then a black screen with the ability to move the mouse.

Sol: If you have multiple monitors, unplug all but one. Then it wont freeze. Then install nvidia(or ati) drivers.

Also, i could only use the install disk for the INTEL ICH10, not the GBB36x install disks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    EX58-UD5
    i7 920
    6Gig G.Skill
    280GTX
    HX1000
    6x1TB WD Black Edition in raid5
    Raptor

Why are digging old threads out?

Quote Originally Posted by yomike007 View Post
    Had a problem and a found a solution:

Prob:
    Would freeze upon initial load of windows 7 after install. The starting windows logo would appear, then a black screen with the ability to move the mouse.

Sol: If you have multiple monitors, unplug all but one. Then it wont freeze. Then install nvidia(or ati) drivers.

Also, i could only use the install disk for the INTEL ICH10, not the GBB36x install disks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    EX58-UD5
    i7 920
    6Gig G.Skill
    280GTX
    HX1000
    6x1TB WD Black Edition in raid5
    Raptor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information