Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte DES and Intel C1E & EIST

Post Gigabyte DES and Intel C1E & EIST

Hi everyone,

Just reading an article over at anandtech:

AnandTech: Gigabyte goes "Green" with DES software

It says that in order to run gigabytes DES via the software that you have to disable Intel's C1E & EIST in the bios. Can anyone confirm this is true? I am currently running a GA-EP45-UD3P btw. I have DES running but never went into the bios and disables C1E & EIST.

Default Re: Gigabyte DES and Intel C1E & EIST

Quote Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just reading an article over at anandtech:

AnandTech: Gigabyte goes "Green" with DES software

It says that in order to run gigabytes DES via the software that you have to disable Intel's C1E & EIST in the bios. Can anyone confirm this is true? I am currently running a GA-EP45-UD3P btw. I have DES running but never went into the bios and disables C1E & EIST.
    Nomatter what Anandtech says about the need to disable CIE and EIST in order to run DES, the GA-EP45-UD3P User's Manual (Page 80, Note 1.) specifically says "Before using DES, make sure CIE and EIST are set to ENABLED" ?

And thats exactly how DES has worked with my Q6600/EP45-UD3P setup!
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

Sounds good I wanted to confirm that :)

Just want to let you know that DES does not do anything what soever UNLESS you click the little circle for "CPU throttling". And all this does is enable the board to run on 1 less phase of power then it normally would.

I have tested all this with my Kill-A-Watt meter and even with it enabled the power consumption at idle does not change. But under load I think it may slightly, I will have to retest.

You deff want C1E and EIST enabled as this does most of the work of reducing power consumption
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

System should see a very very small power savings while idling. Using Everest I can see the power dip on the board.

Thread Information