Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45 DS3P Perpetual reboot problem :(

Default Re: EP45 DS3P Perpetual reboot problem :(

I see. In US the vast majority used to buy at NewEgg that is great in doing RMA. Usually no questions asked.

Nevertheless, the best thing to measure those voltages is using a small, hand meter/voltmeter, do not trust on the on-board Analog/Digital converters and linked software. From China you will able to buy a good one for less than 20 pounds.
    A good PSU will offer 5% tolerance or even less, so these values found are good enough IF these A/D converters can considered fine.
    Glitches on the 12 volt line can be prejudicial for any drive, specially DVD ones. They are very sensible to instant voltage variations.

Another thing to consider is Windows be corrupted since its installation due the memory error caused by the bad stick. Try to reinstall everything again, even with a single memory. Do not care this time to speed but stability. Could work.
    You can add a new stick a later time as soon you get a new one.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

After a bit of searching a have found there is a fault with the drive that is wideo spread, and even samsung admit it :)

"""
    My e-mail adres end with @hanaro.eu because hanaro is the European service center for Samsung ODD's and that's also where the helpdesk is based.
    More information about Hanaro can be found on ..:::: Hanaro Computer Europe B.V. ::::.. Hanaro is a leading European provider of After Sales Services to the IT industry, and its customers

Regarding this post: There are some issues with the earlier firmware versions of the SH-S223F and SH-S223Q which can result in a defective drive.
    It's therefor highly recommended that every user update's there firmware immidiately to SB02.
    For further questions please let me know and I will be happy to answer any questions regarding this issue, or other Samsung burner related questions which there might be.

Anyways I want to thank all the people behind the firmware page a lot, and the Samsung OMS Department is very thankfull that the forum is willing to help us to inform the people regarding this issue.
    """"

Was one of the posts found. Guess it was all just coincidence after all?? my, my. what a strange week i've had for these reasons plus many others :)

I'm a domestic electrician so i have the tools i need to test output from the device but it wont give prolonged readings with the system under load like is needed. Software would be only option. But no need, emodder.com where i purchased my parts are willing to rma both items. :) So i guess all is good :)

As for corruption in the istalled software you are probably on the money!!
    Looks like i will have to wait while monday to rma my items now though so ill have to throw a spare gb in to bring it upto 3gb at least for the weekend :)

Oh yes, bad firmware can ruin everything. I used two Seagate HD on RAID0 and every week I have had an unexplained RAID0 error.
    I was thinking about the culprit to be the INTEL chip and drivers but, one day, tired of reformat and recover backup of everything, changed both to Samsung.
    Absolutely NO more issues and that change to Samsung was 8 months ago.

Anyway, please wait until the your system is fully stable before any firmware upgrade. With the unstable computer the risk to do a corruption on the firmware transfer is quite possible to be made.

BTW, I know emodder.com, our Frankfurt facility always do order on those guys. You are protected for sure and good luck.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Cheers svcglobal for your help. I will post again once i have my new rma'd items and back up and running :) Ive requested they change my samsung super writemaster to an LG model on rma :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information