Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R AND ACPI Issues...

Default GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R AND ACPI Issues...

Hi,

I just got my brand new kit from newegg.com

1> GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R LGA 775
    2> ASUS EAH4350 512MB Graphics Card.
    3> Intel Pentium E2200 Allendale
    4> HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    5> CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

I installed Windows XP Media Center SP2 edition.

I do not see Hibernate and Standby options on my system. I did not change any options on the BIOS. No overclocking for now.

Tried several things as follows:

1> BIOS checks shows "S3" state in ACPI Suspend State option under power management.
    2> Under Device manager-> My computer -> I do have ACPI Multi... PC.
    3> Desktop->Properties->ScreenSaver->Power-> No tab for Hibernate or Power management.

I also tried to update BIOS from @BIOS and it couldn't find a proper bios file for update! I downloaded from the Gigabyte site, load it onto USB and tried to load it after backing up current bios via Q-Flash from USB drive and it did read the file but did not update BIOS, some kind of mismatch message I did not remember for now.

There is nothing exotic on the system. Windows XP is registered with Microsoft and updated.

I couldn't guess what else I could do. I need to have it running for 24X7 but also in low power mode. I want a WOL capability on the system.

My choice is Gigabyte, could someone help or I might need to consider other mobo?

Thanks,
    Dhimant.
    Thanks all.

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R AND ACPI Issues...

Did you download the correct BIOS?

P45C-UD3R and P45-UD3R are different boards.

The latest on GBT for your board is F3 -- if you downloaded from the P45-UD3R list (now up to F6) it most likely wouldn't work and hopefully wouldn't install either.

Thread Information