Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Q9650




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38

    Default New Q9650

    Hi, I just upgraded my CPU from E8400 to Q9650.

    Mobo is GA X48-DS4

    Everything is pretty much stock at the moment except dimm voltage is @+.35

    I am running 6gb of ram, LSD had my E8400 purring like a kitten @3.6, I was hoping to get similar clock speed with this chip. Can some of you guys give me any help in this regard?

    TIA
    Last edited by wtfchuck; 02-04-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Wrong figure for mch, have to recheck it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,183

    Default Re: New Q9650

    He man, LSD may very well breaze in and help you out. I havent seem much of him in the last couple of weeks, I think he is a very busy man. But I think if you work on some of the fundamentles that got you E8400 Cranking then your Q should get there to. Do a search on this Forum for the Q9650 or google to see if you can find some setting that they like. As for the board it should be a good platform to get something other than stock out of it. Are you running the same gear as your previous setup and just swapped your CPU?
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: New Q9650

    Quote Originally Posted by NimrodAUS View Post
    He man, LSD may very well breaze in and help you out. I havent seem much of him in the last couple of weeks, I think he is a very busy man. But I think if you work on some of the fundamentles that got you E8400 Cranking then your Q should get there to. Do a search on this Forum for the Q9650 or google to see if you can find some setting that they like. As for the board it should be a good platform to get something other than stock out of it. Are you running the same gear as your previous setup and just swapped your CPU?
    Yes I just swapped only the CPU, and I have managed with a little tweaking to achieve a nice stable moderate overclock. You are correct! I went to work on some of LSD's original advice for my E8400 settings. That guy is great! This is a great forum for Gigabyte owners.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,183

    Default Re: New Q9650

    LSD Is Awesome, and this is the Best Forum for gigabyte owners and well computer nerds alike. Looks like you have a pretty good overclock going on there. I hope when I get my new board back, which will deffinatly be tommorrow I can get my E8500 to a nice mild overclock and running sweet.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: New Q9650

    Quote Originally Posted by NimrodAUS View Post
    LSD Is Awesome, and this is the Best Forum for gigabyte owners and well computer nerds alike. Looks like you have a pretty good overclock going on there. I hope when I get my new board back, which will deffinatly be tommorrow I can get my E8500 to a nice mild overclock and running sweet.

    That Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 looks like a nice mobo. I really like the DS-4

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,183

    Default Re: New Q9650

    Yeah The GA-X48-DS5 Is a nice looking board.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

  7. #7

    Default Re: New Q9650

    you should be able to do 3.6 on that Q9650 at stock voltages, mine does and a little more.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: New Q9650

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedEuphoria View Post
    you should be able to do 3.6 on that Q9650 at stock voltages, mine does and a little more.
    This chip seemed to like a little more juice. I need to do a bit more testing. I'm at 3.6

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •