Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MA78GM S2HP v2.0 Fail to post next day

Default MA78GM S2HP v2.0 Fail to post next day

The board initially posted and I installed the O/S and software involving multiple restarts, all successful. The BIOS was not updated. I tried to start the computer the next day and it won't post. I just get long beeps spaced about 3 seconds, followed by 6 seconds apart. This occurs with and without memory installed. I cleared the CMOS with no luck.

AMD Athlon 5050e
    GSkill 8oo DDR2 2x2GB
    BIOS F8
    WINXP Pro

Default Re: MA78GM S2HP v2.0 Fail to post next day

You should check in the Troubleshooting section of your manual for what the beeps mean. I have a different board but it say continuous long beeps indicate a graphics card error and continuous short beeps indicate a power error.

Default Re: MA78GM S2HP v2.0 Fail to post next day

Quote Originally Posted by tnzz View Post
    You should check in the Troubleshooting section of your manual for what the beeps mean. I have a different board but it say continuous long beeps indicate a graphics card error and continuous short beeps indicate a power error.
    That's what I thought but problem solved! It was memory. I found one of the sticks bad. Just waiting for the RMA...

Thread Information