Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AHCI Bios on Gigabyte Boards EP45-DS3R

Thumbs up AHCI Bios on Gigabyte Boards EP45-DS3R

This is a starter in the hope that some kind "Bios Scientist" will stumble across this and give it a thought. It appears that some Operating systems and Disks require AHCI to be turned on. Welcome to the gnawing lag of 10 seconds on boot.
    I recently got the EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0) Bios F10, after I sold my Abit iP35pro motherboard. This older board also had AHCI (ich9R) but there were no such delays. The new board is ich10R and has a 10 sec. delay. Can this be taken care of? Surely we can't call this progress.
    Moreover the AHCI Bios boot is always verbose, irrespective of whether "Full Screen Logo" is enabled or disabled. This too should be corrected and when "Full Screen Logo" is enabled the AHCI bios should be "quiet" like everything else.
    Anyone for this in the F11 bios, please?
    Thanks
    WP

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Default Re: AHCI Bios on Gigabyte Boards EP45-DS3R

If I understand you correctly a fast boot up without the verbose AHCI screen is what you are looking for right? You can optimize windows so it does not take a long time to load up through following the tweakingcompanion at tweakguides.com
    TweakGuides.com
    Its a PDF file that you DL and open with adobe reader.
    If its a single user PC then you only need one user account and maybe a limited account. If you can do without the limited account then turn off fast user switching and the welcome screen. there are more tweaks like disabling unused devices in the bios which is covered on page 32. I have the same baord as you and I am still tweaking things for performance. I had it about 3 months and it still runs ok and fast once it starts up. Oh there is a bios problem too >>Always set the PCI Express frequency to 100MHz. Also in the MB intelligent tweaker MIT section look for Performance Enhance just under DRAM performance control and set it to "standard" see it that helps any on slow loading times.
    max
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 02-07-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: more info

Smile Re: AHCI Bios on Gigabyte Boards EP45-DS3R

Oh dear!
    This has nothing to do with any operating system, my good friend. I am quite happy with the boot times of the Bios otherwise. All I am requesting is for the AHCI Bios detection of drives should not be verbose if "Full Screen Logo" is enabled in the Bios, because other DMI pool data is hidden too. If any one wants to see that, disabling "Full Screen Logo" should bring verbose AHCI Bios back. So on switching on all I should see is the Gigabyte logo immediately followed by the OS boot splash screen and nothing else in between. I am sure this is pretty much do-able for the Bios Engineers.
    As for the second part. If AHCI Bios is enabled then there is a good delay of 10 seconds when it detects drives, This should not be so. Abit boards have AHCI but no delay. This again has no relevance to any OS. It is just base hardware issues.

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamparker View Post
    Oh dear!
    This has nothing to do with any operating system, my good friend. I am quite happy with the boot times of the Bios otherwise. All I am requesting is for the AHCI Bios detection of drives should not be verbose if "Full Screen Logo" is enabled in the Bios, because other DMI pool data is hidden too. If any one wants to see that, disabling "Full Screen Logo" should bring verbose AHCI Bios back. So on switching on all I should see is the Gigabyte logo immediately followed by the OS boot splash screen and nothing else in between. I am sure this is pretty much do-able for the Bios Engineers.
    As for the second part. If AHCI Bios is enabled then there is a good delay of 10 seconds when it detects drives, This should not be so. Abit boards have AHCI but no delay. This again has no relevance to any OS. It is just base hardware issues.
    Now, I understand more about the basic complaint. I have the same board as far as I know GA-EP45-DS3R and I see the delay too. When I was building it I wanted to use the AHCI because I thought it would give me an advantage with my games (you know like RAID 0 arrays?). I am still testing the performance of this system, so cannot give a final grade on this board.
    Sorry to hear Abit is leaving the mobo business See ya later.
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 02-09-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: sp

Wink Re: AHCI Bios on Gigabyte Boards EP45-DS3R

AHCI Bios 1.20E solves this problem. Guess time to close topic.
    Problem solved :
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/302041-post1066.html
    Thanks everyone

Where is the modded bios?

Thread Information