Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P 2 months old, DEAD? w/ 23 short beeps...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3P 2 months old, DEAD? w/ 23 short beeps...

Have you reseated the GFX card, or tested another? It could be long beeps as well if you are not sure?

I can say I have manually saused this many times in my boards with high or incorrect ram settings (Normally tRD-Static tRead Value) was the issue/cause)

Can you test with another one stick of known good ram, I mean another brand/speed

You should also try clearing the CMOS if you have not already, my method for doing so is outlined in Post #2 here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Hi I found this post while searching for an answer I have now resolved the problem I hope this works for you as well, I discovered that one of the ram slot on my mother board is dud try moving ram into different slots(i was lucky I have 4 slots but if you don't u may have to half your amount of Ram).

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

When testing with other "known good" memory modules, were they all 2x2GB? I use one DDR2-800 (1GB) or DDR2-667 (512 MB) module when I'm diagnosing with a minimal setup.

If you haven't done so already, re-seat ALL mobo cable connections.

**edit** Shut off the computer, turn the power supply OFF with the psu's ON/OFF switch, and disconnect the external power supply cable. Press and hold the computer's main ON/OFF switch for 5 seconds. Let the system set for 10 minutes or longer. This has saved me several times when I got into a situation like you have or an infinite reboot loop.
    Last edited by profJim; 03-27-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: more info
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Wink Re: EP45-UD3P 2 months old, DEAD? w/ 23 short beeps... Found Solution

Yes i know i almost couldnt believe it myself when i finally actually fixed this problem before i hooked up the speaker i had all of the same problem
    as all of you in this forum believe it or not there is now a solution i cannot
    guaranty it will work for everyone but i think it just might work for most people that try this before i start explaining below are the system specs
    i currently use and below that are the specs i also used before

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.0&currently Rev 1.1 MotherBoard
    Processor Intel LGA775 Core 2 Quad 8200 Processor also used
    dual core duo 6600 + processor and both now work
    DDR2-800 Memory Dual Channel Configuration 8 gigs
    PCIEX 16x ATI Radeon HD 4670 Turbo GPU Dual Crossfire Configuration
    I Only used 1 gpu when i fixed this problem and it was the
    NVidia Geforce 8500 GT 512 with 4 pin power connector
    630 Watt Xion Simple Power ATX Power Supply
    Antec Mid Tower Case Brand new Motherboard Case
    1 140 MM Fan 2 120 MM Fans etc

Ok now here is what i did and how i did it Below explains it all

I was very impressed with the additional tactics and troubleshooting
    techniques this forum had suggested i tried everything on this forum
    and not 1 thing worked before i hooked the speaker up to the motherboard
    i could never get display on the monitor and keyboard locked and never work and neither did the mouse etc I lost count of how many power supplies i used and swapped along with memory graphics cards cases and so on
    I tried everything on this forum and everything i could think of ive been building computers for over 10 years and this was a first for me with this
    problem. After almost completely giving up i did a couple more things and boom it started up monitor displayed right away i was stunned and couldnt believe it so listed below is how i did this and what to try read very carefully

I went to a computer parts store and bought a few things first off the xion power supply 630 watt even though all of the other power supplies were fine
    and tested out good i also bought a 20 to 24 pin power converter that also had a 2 by 2 to 2 by 4 atx cable converter both of them were cables that converted to 24 pin and 2 by 4 8 pin atx power the power supply already had these things except one difference the 24 pin power was based on a 20 pin and a additional 4 pin to complete the 24 pin power connector when i first tried this new power supply without using the cable convertors i got the same problem again so this is what i did. i connected the 20 pin part of the 24 pin cable to the 20 to 24 pin cable connector if the power supply your using has 2 2 by 2 power connectors making it a 2 by 4 do not connect the 2 by 2 to 2by 4 connector that part of it wont work use both 2 by 2s and connect them both also connect the new cable that has all 24 pins in one cable and not split that was the main power problem also make sure the positive part of the bios battery is facing the front of the case and away from the back where the monitor power cable etc are plugged in make sure its facing the side where the bluray/dvd drives etc are put in. also and this is very important use a screwdriver i used a phillipshead and connect it to the 2 pins where the manual shows the cmos reset and hold it on both pins causing it to short and reset the bios hold if for 5 seconds make sure you do this once u have a working video card installed but specifically after its installed and 1 chip of working memory is installed power cable must be unplugged during this process i disconnected all drives all extra memory and also the external sata connector disconnect everything except for the board graphics card cpu and the fan and 1 chip of memory once u have re built if to this configuration is when u short the bios i did with the power cable plugged however the back switch to the power supply was off make sure it is off and then use the screwdriver and connect it to the cmos reset pins the 2 pins next to the power switch reset switch etc on the board make sure u hold it on both pins for 5 hole seconds then release use only 1 dimm of memory the graphcs card the cpu the power supply and the 20 to 24 pin
    cable convertor make sure all sata cables are disconnected from the board and all drives are not getting power strickly the board 1 stick of memory 1 gpu in the pciex16x slot and cpu disconnect anything that is additional to the board and all power cables from any drives and any cables especially sata that are connected to the board disconnect before doing this so this is the main thing read below carefully also

The motherboard has a power defect with any power supply that has a 20 and the addional 2 by 2 cable to make it 24 for some reason the board will keep beeping with those cables split and connected however conneting only the 20 pin cable to the 20 to 24 pin cable converter is when it will turn on also this can be different on power configuration if u have my power supply use the original dual 2 by 2 cable connectors and connect them both to the atx 12 2 by 4 part of the motherboard if u only have 1 2 by 2 use the convertor cable which comes with the 20-24 pin cable converter both cables came with eachother in what i bought the power defect on the EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard is that it will keep beeping when the 24 pin connector has 2 different cables like i said and also the 2by4 atx 12 power connector is also very important it will not work unless using dual 2by2 cables or a 2by2 to 2by4 cable converter this is very specific for quad core intel chips

so listen carefully its not the cpu its not the graphics card its not the memory its not the power supply unless the power supply tests bad

all those beeps is one problem the power supply connections and thats it
    so those of you thinking its every other part no longer worry because its not
    it took me a month to figure this out so just remember what ive written down here

before u power it on make sure you do as i said and make sure u specifically use a screwdriver and not a pin to reset the bios hold it on both pins for 5 seconds just like dropping a wrench on the positive and negative part of a car battery at the same time causeing it to blow up lol. if you still have a problem get the exact power supply i have and absolutely get the cable convertors if u dont need them and ur power supply is tested good but u still have this problem get the one i have its a very weird defect that ive never seen before but this is the solution if anyone still has a problem contact me on aim aol yahoo whichever the 2 screen names im signed on at all times are jchotslc07 for aim and xz jcspaz 04 for aim make sure uve tested everything properly before assuming my method doesnt work REMEMBER

ONLY USE 1 STICK OF MEMORY THE GRAPHICS CARD AND CPU WITH HEATSINK NO DRIVES NO CABLES ON THE BOARD HERE IS THE MAIN THING TO REMEMBER AND ALSO TRY WHICH MADE IT WORK FOR ME ON NOT ONLY THE NEW CONFIGURATION BUT ALSO THE OLD ONE

630 WATT XION ATX POWER SUPPLY
    20 -24 PIN CABLE CONVERTOR SO ALL 24 PINS OF THE CABLE ARE 1 CABLE AND NOT SPLIT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT IS THE DEFECT OF THE BOARD THE 2BY2 TO 2BY4 ATX POWER IS INCLUDED MAKE SURE TO TRY EVERYTHING WITH THE CABLES
    DISCONNECT EVERYTHING ON THE BOARD AND ONLY USE THE FOLLOWING TO GET IT BOOT BEFORE CONNECTING DRIVES

1 STICK OF MEMORY NO MORE
    1 GRAPHICS CARD PCIEX IN THE 16X SLOT
    THE PROCESSOR WITH THE HEATSINK
    THE POWER SUPPLY WITH CABLE CONVERTORS EVEN IF U DONT NEED IT IF THE 24 PIN POWER CABLE HAS A 20 PIN AND A 4 PIN TO MAKE IT 24 THATS THE MAIN MOTHERBOARD DEFECT ALSO 2BY4 OR DUAL 2BY2 ATX 12V CONNECTOR
    USE PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER AND HOLD IT ON BOTH PINS OF THE CMOS RESET LOCATION FOR 5 SECONDS PUSH THE POWER ON BUTTON WHILE UR DOING THIS BUT MAKE SURE IT DOESNT REALLY POWER ON MEANING POWER SUPPLY SWITCH BE SET TO OFF

MAKE SURE U USE A NEW CASE OR ATLEAST MAKE SURE UR CASE DOESNT WABBLE OR ANYTHING MOTHERBOARD MUST BE SECURE AND NOT MOVE

thanks my name is james contact me if u cant understand or need help this does work

A useful thing to try for trouble shooting ^^^^

Personally the only times I've had the 23 fast beeps is when I set memory timings my RAM can't handle. For example I can get the board to beep 23 times right now if I were to set tRead to 8.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Wink Re: EP45-UD3P 2 months old, DEAD? w/ 23 short beeps...

thats the problem you dont need to overclock the memory everything i did was standard with no overclock but your havin issues cause of the type of memory im using the same corsair except mind is 5-5-5-12 15 is incompatible even though they it it is try using ddr2800 corsair 5-5-5-12 ill bet you will have different results the beeping with 23 the only troubleshooting code for those beeps is power issues or the gpu isnt inserted correctly i realized its very important to make sure it fits in the slot and the metal part does not i repeat does not touch the board at all that will cause it also but everyone at gigabyte even after i told them i post i read here gave them the link and let them listen to the beeps told me after i told them there was a defect that i was right about the power issue but the 23 beeps is still a troubleshoot code for power try that good luck also im running the same processor chip what degrees celcuious does ur system run at including motherboard temperature? i tried the hold memory thing and that was it however in order to get into the bios and fix the issues with no display the keyboard locking up it has to be only 1 dimm at the first port

Wink Re: EP45-UD3P 2 months old, DEAD? w/ 23 short beeps...

oh one more thing since there is a power supply defect the mod you have installed most likely is causing you a problem since the voltage is too high the PSU Defect so far with my testing will not withstand overclock its just the way they made the board both in revision 1.0 and 1.1 however they did fix the memory issues with rev 1.1 i stlil suggest using ddr2800 5-5-5-12 thats the only configuration working so far board wont respond well with mods for some reason i tried that too

I assume you mean the GFX card volt mod? That doesn't effect power drawn by any significant ammount. The mod is actually aplied by the AMD drivers themselves when ever you use AutoTune. I haven't modded the card physically.

I can re-produce the 23 beeps with all three sets of RAM I have. I own Corsair XMS2 PC"-6400 4-4-4-12, PC2-6400 5-5-5-18 and PC2-8500 5-5-5-15. The PC2-8500 will also do 4-4-4-12 up to DDR-920 with 2.1v.

With any set of ram, I can re produce the 23 beeps just by setting tRead values incorrectly. As long as I use correct settings, I never encounter any beep related issues.

My power supply is in perfect order. I'm currently running on an OCZ SilentXStream 500W, and have used a Hyper Type R 580W. The OCZ's rails test good, as does every single pin on every connector including the 20+4pin.

My temps according to Everest Ultimate Engineers Edition, after 5 hours of Prime95 Blend (still running now) are:

Motherboard: 34c
    CPU: 50c
    Core 1 : 63c
    Core 2 : 63c
    Core 3 : 64c
    Core 4 : 61c
    GPU core : 31c - Never goes above 50c full load.
    Hard Drive : 28c
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I agree, I can cause the Multiple Fast beeps with incorrect timings or settings anytime I would like.

I know the manual says Power issues but I can assure you most often it is to tight of memory timings for the strap or voltages in use, especially so with tRD as said above. This can be caused by the user setting things wrong, by the ram programmed to tightly, or by Auto choosing incorrect settings.

Hello,

i had the same problem, i put off the cpu, power on without the cpu then i put on the cpu and everything was ok.
    Strange thing i have clear CMOS with the jumper and when the pc have run ok i saw that nothing was cleared in bios ???
    maybe to clear cmos i had to put off battery.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information