Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X38T-DQ6 : power on/off loop

Qu4k3r is offline Junior Member

Exclamation X38T-DQ6 : power on/off loop

Hi, I'm new here.

I have a X38T-DQ6 (Rev 1.0) motherboard, I won it at Hispazone Forum contest sponsored by Gigabyte España, they sent me the motherboard from Spain to Venezuela... My CPU (C2D E7200) & Memories (OCZ3G18002GK : 2x1GB OCZ DDR3 Gold Edition 1800MHz 9-9-9-27@1.9V) are brand new, I bought them online in Amazon.com two weeks ago.-

The MAIN PROBLEM is: This motherboard seems to be DEAD... When I power it on, it remains turned on by few seconds then it powers off by itself, then it stays turned off by others few seconds and it turns on by itself again ... again and again... It's something like a power on/off loop.-

I do not even have video signal, and my video card is fine because it works ok on my other pc... So I don't really know what bios version the motherborad has because I have not been able to see the diagnostic screen when this data appears... I mean, this mother does not POST... All tests were made with mother, cpu, mem, v.card & psu only...

I thought it could be a bios version problem because Gigabyte website says this mother supports C2D E7200 cpu with F7f bios version, so I tried connecting to it a C2Q Q6600 cpu either which is supported with F2 bios version, but it was not successful becuase power on/off loop appears again...

CPU Support List

Bios Version List

I tried to resolve it making a CLEAR CMOS in every possible way and neither succeeded... With both cpus I connected only one memory at a time and changing it to through all 4 dimm slots, I did it with both memories but it didn't work... and all times the speaker's case did not make any BEEP sound, only makes a sound like a CLICK when it turns off...

Later, I made more tests...

Test # 1 (mother + cpu + mem, without video card): it loops on/off twice, then shut down completely.-

Test # 2 (mother + cpu + video card, without memory): it loops on/off twice, but make a long BEEEEEP sound before shut down completely.-

Test # 3: (mother + cpu, without memory and without video card): it loops on/off twice, but make a long BEEEEEP sound before shut down completely.-

I have not tested the mother with others memories (lower frecuency memories) or these memories with other motherborad because DDR3 ram/mothers are difficult to find here... But, I'm still looking for others memories in order to make more tests.-

What can/must I do to make it works fine?
    What is wrong with it?

I wrote to GGTS (Gigabyte Global Technical Service) but I am still waiting for their response.

I really like this motherboard and it has special value because it is a prize that I won and it was sent from across the world... Please, I need your help.-

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.-
    Last edited by Qu4k3r; 02-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Default Re: X38T-DQ6 : power on/off loop

Try to take out the mainboard battery and leave it out over night.

It could be the RAM or it could also be your PSU. Try others if you can.

Make sure all power connectors are properly connected, this can also be caused by no power conector on the video card for example.

Qu4k3r is offline Junior Member

Default Re: X38T-DQ6 : power on/off loop

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Try to take out the mainboard battery and leave it out over night.

It could be the RAM or it could also be your PSU. Try others if you can.

Make sure all power connectors are properly connected, this can also be caused by no power conector on the video card for example.
    I just made the last tests with others memories & v.card:

Mem: 2x1GB DDR3, Kingston KVR1333D3N9/1G (1333MHz 9-9-9- @1.5V)
    Vcard: Asus 8500GT (no pci-e power connector needed)

Test # A (mother + E7200 + KVR1333D3N9/1G + HD4850): testing each memory separately & changing it through all 4 dimms, don't POST.-

Test # B (mother + E7200 + KVR1333D3N9/1G + 8500GT):
    testing each memory separately & changing it through all 4 dimms, don't POST.-

Test # C (mother + E7200 + OCZ3G18002GK + 8500GT):
    testing each memory separately & changing it through all 4 dimms, don't POST.-

NOTE: I also tested my memories DDR3 OCZ in other motherboard(Intel DP45SG) which had KVR1333D3N9/1G memories and as result my memories works OK.-

Here is the Gigabyte response:

Quote:
    <t></t><t></t> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;">
    Answer - 716017

Answer : Dear Omar,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because our warranty service is provided by the original supplier and the distributor in that area, so if you want to RMA/repair/replace your product, please kindly contact with your original supplier (Hispazone) or the distributor in that area for furthering help. For distributor contact information, please click HERE.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

Question

Sent : 2/8/2009 14:48

Question : Dear Gigabyte Team, I have a X38T-DQ6 (Rev 1.0) motherboard, I won it in Hispazone Forum contest sponsored by Gigabyte España, they sent me the motherboard from Spain to Venezuela... My CPU (C2D E7200) & Memory (OCZ DDR3 Gold 1800 9-9-9-27@1.9V) are brand new, I bought them online in Amazon.com... The MAIN PROBLEM is: This motherboard seems to be DEAD... When I power it on, it remains turned on by few seconds then it powers off by itself, then it stays turned off by others few seconds and it turns on by itself again ... again and again... It's something like a power on/off loop... I do not even have video signal, and my video card is fine because it works ok on my other pc... So I don't really know what bios version the motherborad has because I have not been able to see the diagnostic screen when this data appears... I mean, this mother does not POST... All tests were made with mother, cpu, mem, v.card & psu only... I thought it could be a bios version problem because Gigabyte website says this mother supports C2D E7200 cpu with F7f bios version, so I tried connecting to it a C2Q Q6600 cpu either which is supported with F2 bios version, but it was not successful becuase power on/off loop appears again... I tried to resolve it making a CLEAR CMOS in every possible way and neither succeeded... With both cpus I connected only one memory at a time and changing it to through all 4 dimm slots, I did it with both memories but it didn't work... and all times the speaker's case did not make any BEEP sound, only makes a sound like a CLICK when it turns off... Later, I made more tests... Test # 1 (mother + cpu + mem, without video card): it loops on/off twice, then shut down completely.- Test # 2 (mother + cpu + video card, without memory): it loops on/off twice, but make a long BEEEEEP sound before shut down completely.- Test # 3: (mother + cpu, without memory and without video card): it loops on/off twice, but make a long BEEEEEP sound before shut down completely.- I have not tested the mother with others memories (lower frecuency memories) or these memories with other motherborad because DDR3 ram/mothers are difficult to find here.-

Please, I need your help... What can I do or what must I do to make it works fine? I really like this motherboard and it has special value because it is a prize that I won and it was sent from across the world... Please, I really need your help... Thanks... Sincerly, Omar J Nuñez M.-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-X38T-DQ6(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F2
    Serial No. : U0782300014
    Purchase Dealer :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Sapphire Model : ATI Radeon HD4850 - 512MB
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : C2D E7200 Speed : 2,53GHz
    Operation System : Win XP SP : 3
    Memory Brand : OCZ Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 2x1GB Speed : 1800MHz
    Power Supply : 550 W

Memory: 2x1GB DDR3 OCZ Gold Edition 1800MHz 9-9-9-27@1.9V

Hispazone contest sponsored by Gigabyte España, link: Concurso de Reviews de hardware por cortesía de GigaByte </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I really don't have any inconvience if the gift (my prize) is used or not, but... in short...
    MOTHERBOARD is broken/bad/dead.-

What really bothers me is the fact I have already spent some money buying the cpu and memory which can not use becuase the motherboard is defective.

and

Send this 5h1t roundtrip to Spain in order to they make RMA (if they can and want to) + customs charges and taxes + shipping charges, etc... it would be cheaper ans faster to buy something new.-
    Last edited by Qu4k3r; 02-12-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Thread Information